Well given industrial relations with Avanti and their staff I don’t expect that to be resolved quickly.I think they all work fine, there is no staff agreement on replacing the large water bottles they require.
Well given industrial relations with Avanti and their staff I don’t expect that to be resolved quickly.I think they all work fine, there is no staff agreement on replacing the large water bottles they require.
Has the legionella risk been sorted out?I think they all work fine, there is no staff agreement on replacing the large water bottles they require.
Not sure…..Has the legionella risk been sorted out?
With only 010 and 020 left to be refurbished, is there any update at this point when these couple units are getting done?
It'll be interesting to see which unit will be the last unrefurbed unit in service.
Incorrect. That’s not why they haven’t started nor is that an issue. The loading and replacement of bottles will be done at certain stations on the line, not by on board staff but by DHL. That was the plan all along. There’s other issues that have caused the delay, but I do believe there’s a trial starting on one set soon.I think they all work fine, there is no staff agreement on replacing the large water bottles they require.
I'm gonna place my bets on 010 going in next with 020 being the last.One will be in before the end of the week. Place your bets, please!
That’s good to hear then.Incorrect. That’s not why they haven’t started nor is that an issue. The loading and replacement of bottles will be done at certain stations on the line, not by on board staff but by DHL. That was the plan all along. There’s other issues that have caused the delay, but I do believe there’s a trial starting on one set soon.
The delay is to do with making sure they are safe for passengers to use.That’s good to hear then.
That is what I was told.
If it is DHL what is the delay?
I see the 805 and 807 units have the same feature!
I think lifting them is an issue too (for Avanti staff) .The delay is to do with making sure they are safe for passengers to use.
It is not, there is no issue other than making sure the water is safe for consumption, one water fountain went live today on one set as a test.I think lifting them is an issue too (for Avanti staff) .
The order of the last three was supposed to be 390020-390010-390013. Clearly this changed. Given that 020 is still in service (and will end up at Birmingham in the early hours) and the next set in is imminent, I suspect you are right, 013/020 having been swapped round for some reason.I'm gonna place my bets on 010 going in next with 020 being the last.
There was supposed to be a trial set running around 6 -9 months ago.There’s other issues that have caused the delay, but I do believe there’s a trial starting on one set soon.
Quite a milestone
And if it's stopping on the 8th, which actually is a Saturday according to my calendar, then there's a very small chance that I'll have the fortune or misfortune depending on your views to ride it one last time. Although I do have an AWC journey booked on the 7th
390002 departed Widnes on 10th May.Does anybody know when 002 came out of Widnes please?
Thank you390002 departed Widnes on 10th May.

Are three units still planned to move in June? When will the remainder start moving over?Indeed, 3 units moving to XC in June.
390002 departed Widnes on 10th May.
390013 departed Widnes Friday evening (24th May) having completed refurbishment and was replaced by 390010.
390020 is the final Pendolino in service with original Virgin interior. It will be stopping for refurbishment on Friday 8th June.
It'll be gradually as Avantis new stock is introduced, so I don't think there's fixed date's.Are three units still planned to move in June? When will the remainder start moving over?
390010 sat outside Widnes currently, so presumably refurb all done.
I think it's six 805s now in service with Avanti since the timetable change on Sunday.It'll be gradually as Avantis new stock is introduced, so I don't think there's fixed date's.