• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Rolling Stock Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengley

Established Member
Joined
18 May 2008
Messages
1,987
Looks like they've peeled it off to carry out corrosion repairs to the body
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43102EMR

Established Member
Joined
28 Mar 2021
Messages
1,379
Location
UK
Looks like they've peeled it off to carry out corrosion repairs to the body
Wasn’t that treatment carried out when it was repainted not too long ago? Or does it need another round of corrosion repairs?
 

Liam L

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2020
Messages
1,425
Location
Birmingham
Heard rumours 390119 is to lose it’s livery; expecting this to be wibble, but just want to confirm on here if anyone knows?
Untrue. I believe they just updating it.
was quoted on a avanti Facebook group it is ‘one to watch’ when it returns
 

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
I’m starting to suspect there’s either a problem been found or a different refurb being fitted for 390119 - every other set has been in for 2 weeks, this one has been in for well over a month!
 

Liam L

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2020
Messages
1,425
Location
Birmingham
From avanti west coast enthusiasts Facebook group


‘390119 (Avanti Pride Train) has now been released and is working the following today:

5R26 0703 Edge Hill Depot to Liverpool Lime Street

1R26 0748 Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston

1F14 1107 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street

1A39 1347 Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston

1H70 1640 London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly

5H70 1935 Manchester Piccadilly to Longsight Car. M.D.

A total of 775 miles and workings could change today at any time!’
 

Sorcerer

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2022
Messages
2,185
Location
Liverpool
For the first time I was able to travel on a refurbished unit last night on the 2007 London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street service, and while I think the refurbishment is sufficient it wasn't anything particularly stand out. That said, I was shocked to see that the table already had a few big cracks and chips in it, and the wireless charging was very inefficient. If that's anything to go by then those tables aren't built to last.
 

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries

py_megapixel

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2018
Messages
7,509
Location
Northern England
Isn't that the first one where the vestibules have had any substantial change from the Virgin ones, full stop?

I wonder if other special livery Pendolinos will have information posters as well - for example, the COP26 one, or even the "Alstom Pendolino".
 

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
I wonder if other special livery Pendolinos will have information posters as well - for example, the COP26 one, or even the "Alstom Pendolino".
The Alstom Pendolino (390104) was scrapped and turned into a regular pendolino years ago now!

As for the climate one, I'd imagine some statement with regards to how Avanti and taking the train are more environmentally friendly than the plane (ironic that, given their current state, I'm sure they're filling up Glasgow - London A320's because they can hardly run a service!)
 

Mikey C

Established Member
Joined
11 Feb 2013
Messages
8,277
The Alstom Pendolino (390104) was scrapped and turned into a regular pendolino years ago now!

As for the climate one, I'd imagine some statement with regards to how Avanti and taking the train are more environmentally friendly than the plane (ironic that, given their current state, I'm sure they're filling up Glasgow - London A320's because they can hardly run a service!)
To be fair Avanti have managed to drastically reduce their CO2 emissions in recent weeks...
 

Skie

Established Member
Joined
22 Dec 2008
Messages
1,239
The drab refurbs really did need some colour, shame it'll just be one unit.
 

Xander

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2022
Messages
13
Location
London
I’m starting to suspect there’s either a problem been found or a different refurb being fitted for 390119 - every other set has been in for 2 weeks, this one has been in for well over a month!
Believe it or not, its actually been released early! Wasn't meant to be out in traffic until Friday.
 

Xander

Member
Joined
14 Aug 2022
Messages
13
Location
London
I believe it was due to be out so it could run services to Birmingham Pride if I’m right in thinking?
Indeed - there was a ceremony booked for Friday at BHI where it would be unveiled and run in service for the first time in its refurbished state. This has now been cancelled.
 

Jimini

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2006
Messages
2,174
Location
Reading
First journey on a refurbed unit just now, it transpires (the 2023 ex. Euston).

Bugger me, these seats are uncomfortable! Maybe I’ve got a bony backside or something. Definitely feels like sitting on a TL 700 seat. Wouldn’t want to do this for longer than absolutely necessary!

Wireless charging not working too.

**Edit** The Shop(TM) is closed throughout this journey. Another good AWC advert to the general population!
 
Last edited:
Joined
8 Feb 2021
Messages
1,062
Location
Manchester
First journey on a refurbed unit just now, it transpires (the 2023 ex. Euston).

Bugger me, these seats are uncomfortable! Maybe I’ve got a bony backside or something. Definitely feels like sitting on a TL 700 seat. Wouldn’t want to do this for longer than absolutely necessary!

Wireless charging not working too.

**Edit** The Shop(TM) is closed throughout this journey. Another good AWC advert to the general population!
Completely agree on the seats. Did about 6h in one from Glasgow to London one night (diverted via Alsager & behind a stopper from Milton Keynes) and I genuinely found the 700 I got on from St Pancras afterwards to be more comfy
 

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
I’m on the Prideolino for my commute home tonight - will try and get some more photos and see if the shop is open!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top