bengley
Established Member
- Joined
- 18 May 2008
- Messages
- 1,987
Looks like they've peeled it off to carry out corrosion repairs to the body
Wasn’t that treatment carried out when it was repainted not too long ago? Or does it need another round of corrosion repairs?Looks like they've peeled it off to carry out corrosion repairs to the body
Untrue. I believe they just updating it.Heard rumours 390119 is to lose it’s livery; expecting this to be wibble, but just want to confirm on here if anyone knows?
Fair enough, many thanksUntrue. I believe they just updating it.
was quoted on a avanti Facebook group it is ‘one to watch’ when it returns
I’m starting to suspect there’s either a problem been found or a different refurb being fitted for 390119 - every other set has been in for 2 weeks, this one has been in for well over a month!
It has a pride interior![]()
Lol not quite, vestibules and toilets I thinkWow...multicoloured seats?
Multicolored vestibule lights?Lol not quite, vestibules and toilets I think

Multicolored vestibule lights?
I need photos!
Must admit, think they missed the opportunity to make the white lights different colours - think that would be a nice unique touch!Lol that would be cool!
The Alstom Pendolino (390104) was scrapped and turned into a regular pendolino years ago now!I wonder if other special livery Pendolinos will have information posters as well - for example, the COP26 one, or even the "Alstom Pendolino".
To be fair Avanti have managed to drastically reduce their CO2 emissions in recent weeks...The Alstom Pendolino (390104) was scrapped and turned into a regular pendolino years ago now!
As for the climate one, I'd imagine some statement with regards to how Avanti and taking the train are more environmentally friendly than the plane (ironic that, given their current state, I'm sure they're filling up Glasgow - London A320's because they can hardly run a service!)




Believe it or not, its actually been released early! Wasn't meant to be out in traffic until Friday.I’m starting to suspect there’s either a problem been found or a different refurb being fitted for 390119 - every other set has been in for 2 weeks, this one has been in for well over a month!
I believe it was due to be out so it could run services to Birmingham Pride if I’m right in thinking?Believe it or not, its actually been released early! Wasn't meant to be out in traffic until Friday.
Indeed - there was a ceremony booked for Friday at BHI where it would be unveiled and run in service for the first time in its refurbished state. This has now been cancelled.I believe it was due to be out so it could run services to Birmingham Pride if I’m right in thinking?
Indeed - there was a ceremony booked for Friday at BHI where it would be unveiled and run in service for the first time in its refurbished state. This has now been cancelled.
I see 128 is now back out - anyone know who’s in for treatment now?
390115 next in line, currently on Widnes now390103 is in at the moment I believe (was certainly there on Sat 24th).
Completely agree on the seats. Did about 6h in one from Glasgow to London one night (diverted via Alsager & behind a stopper from Milton Keynes) and I genuinely found the 700 I got on from St Pancras afterwards to be more comfyFirst journey on a refurbed unit just now, it transpires (the 2023 ex. Euston).
Bugger me, these seats are uncomfortable! Maybe I’ve got a bony backside or something. Definitely feels like sitting on a TL 700 seat. Wouldn’t want to do this for longer than absolutely necessary!
Wireless charging not working too.
**Edit** The Shop(TM) is closed throughout this journey. Another good AWC advert to the general population!