• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast - QUALIFIED Drivers - Euston & Wolves (29/07/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tlionhart

Member
Joined
23 Dec 2011
Messages
351
And with the way things are with covid and training I'd be thinking very very carefully of taking a 10's thousand of pound pay cut for training when things can change in an instant.

Totally agree! I know someone who joined Avanti just before covid. They’ve done the traction course but still waiting to learn routes!
You maybe on that pay cut for a lot longer than you think…as we know, nothing moves fast on the railway…
 

RJM

Member
Joined
2 Nov 2012
Messages
57
Location
Edinburgh
Anyone got the current new starter roster for Euston depot? And what routes & traction do new starters sign when first passing out to be productive?

Haven’t got one to hand, but as far as I know you’ll sign 221’s & 390’s from the off; Euston - Preston, Man Picc via Wilmslow/Stoke, Chester and the West Midlands (Liverpool comes later with link progression if I’m not mistaken) and Wembley. Roster is quite intense, lots of long stints on but you get a week of RD’s every 5-6 weeks.
 

TTDARL

Member
Joined
23 Mar 2017
Messages
159
Haven’t got one to hand, but as far as I know you’ll sign 221’s & 390’s from the off; Euston - Preston, Man Picc via Wilmslow/Stoke, Chester and the West Midlands (Liverpool comes later with link progression if I’m not mistaken) and Wembley. Roster is quite intense, lots of long stints on but you get a week of RD’s every 5-6 weeks.


Many thanks.
 

43066

Veteran Member
Joined
24 Nov 2019
Messages
12,089
Location
London
I drive for Brockwell Park Miniature Railway, spend most of my time in the gift shop but hoping I'll get more time in the seat at Avanti.

From a google search Brockwell Park Miniature Railway still has HSTs. Since you can cope with those, Pendolinos will be a piece of cake :).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top