Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
There's a bloke at Liverpool Central who has taken to yelling at passengers for this indiscretion. He was heard bawling, "Get behind the yellow line, now!" very loudly over the tannoy during the short period I was there on Saturday; hardly professional and I think the general consensus amongst passengers was 'Calm down, calm down'! Merseyrail is one of those places I never expected to hear that sort of thing as the staff are usually fairly patient in my experience.
Merseyrail in my experience has changed and is very much not the friendly place it was in the 90s and earlier.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Oh for goodness sake. You really need to find a different argument. It's hardly sanctimonious.
Just as physics isn't inside information to railway staff.
People don't need educating about what a moving train does if it comes into contact with a human body, it's very easy to work out for yourself.
A train is not going to come into contact with me if I'm half an inch over the line.
This is exactly the sanctimoniousness I'm referring to.
I'm sure there is some class psyche creeping in here too... How dare the staff shout at me!
Nonsense. It's simply that quality staff in quality businesses communicate in a quality way with their customers.
The railway almost never does. The railway shows utter contempt, day in, day out.
As for me being anti staff, I'm not. I am anti the attitude problem that a significant minority of them exhibit when speaking to the people without whom they'd be unemployed. And it's getting worse.
It's just happened on the train I'm on - a guy given a lecture for boarding an earlier train with an Advance when there are serious delays. It might technically be the rules but it's beyond jobsworth - it's contempt. The right thing to do for quality customer service here would be to apologise for the delay, compliment the customer on making a sensible choice and mitigating the railway's need to pay Delay Repay, and to endorse the ticket accordingly.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Back to the yellow line, quality management would seek to understand why it wasn't working and how things can be changed to influence behaviour.
But if they can't even get Euston departure board locations right, what hope is there?
Last edited: