It'll be integrated into the stations as much as is possible ...
Even the Victoria line has room for improvement...
Just to clear things up, this is the isle of dogs:
If crossfail didn't serve the canary (canis = dog) wharf complex I think it would have been slung out years ago.
This still goes via Farringdon right? The Thameslink line will be blocked enough as it is without this creating a blockade once more...
Much as I like the old metropolitan station, I feel the station should be completely rebuilt (as was done before), and turned into a world-class interchange, "double decker" interchange if possible, between the north-south and east-west London National Rail routes.
I was thinking along the lines of it being a possible future connection from HS1 to LHR.
I also like the idea of trains coming from the GEML or kent domestic train finding their way onto the CTRL from stratford and then coming off towards paddington, a crossrail express line which will make the CTRL tunnel section far more useful, but it's never gonna happen.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Furthermore, Crossfail seems to being built to relieve congestion on the underground lines and not to serve for any long distance traffic. If this is confirmed to be the case the central tunnels might as well be built to tube diameter and the money saved, possibly half the cost, could be used to build extra tracks on the GEML and GWML, hopefully satisfying EWS's wishes.