Interesting. Not seen that before.This has got to be one of the more obscure variants https://www.flickr.com/photos/14982.../photolist-tgoych-ZmGTDq-ZmGRbj-bmVGb5-3JzPnJ
Looking through the article, it strikes me, that ignoring the rest of the livery, some got the yellow the right shape, and some, very wrong...
A bit like this, you mean?They would have looked good in 'ScotRail' blue stripe livery.
Although if Stagecoach continue, they may want to keep the colour scheme to show it's still Stagecoach....as well as the next MML operator since the DfT has mandated a name change for a "permanent" brand, so likely won't be happy with keeping the Stagecoach colour scheme...
http://transportdesigned.com/pictures-every-single-hst-livery-ever/
Nice little article of interest from TransportDesigned, dipicting HST liveries of past and present. Enjoy.
Which you said about 5 years ago, nearly word for word :PThe four power cars with the claret stripe should count.
Well I wasn't on here five years ago so it was useful information for me.Which you said about 5 years ago, nearly word for word :P
I'm being stalked.Which you said about 5 years ago, nearly word for word :P
Ha ha, I actually typed in a bit of your text to see a photo of that livery and the first result was that other thread.I'm being stalked.![]()
Was it a proposed scheme or was it just an unofficial depot repaint? The haste with which it was painted back suggests it was not authorised and that management took a dim view of it.Unless I've missed it, I don't think that the "war paint" cab wrap that was applied to 43028 during 1997 has been mentioned (Not my photo):
https://mark-beal-tmd.smugmug.com/RetrospectiveRail/Retrospective-Class-43-HST/i-QcsfD8Q
It was proposed, as the text describes, as a separate livery for the Euston - North Wales West Coast services, but was not proceeded with. I think a full trainset would have looked very striking in such a livery, but I think it would have dated a lot faster than the standard Virgin scheme.
On the flip side, given that it was applied in mid-1997, when the Virgin livery had only just started being applied, it stretches credibility that any deviation from the new brand would have been authorised.I mentioned that livery earlier, referring to it as Swallow / Irish. As for was it an unofficial depot repaint, does anything unofficial ever happen with a Virgin brand? They control their image tightly.
Ah apologies, I managed to miss that. Sorry!I mentioned that livery earlier, referring to it as Swallow / Irish. As for was it an unofficial depot repaint, does anything unofficial ever happen with a Virgin brand? They control their image tightly.
I have wondered that myself, and whether the "alternate West Coast scheme" theory is just a myth that's been perpetuated.Was it a proposed scheme or was it just an unofficial depot repaint? The haste with which it was painted back suggests it was not authorised and that management took a dim view of it.
I suspect myth, as the earliest reference to this "alternate West Coast scheme" I can find is by Colin Marsden - never known as a paragon of accuracy - in his "HST Silver Jubilee" book. A book which, incidentally, is riddled (and I do mean riddled) with errors and inaccuracies. Too many people then believe what he writes and then it then becomes "fact".I have wondered that myself, and whether the "alternate West Coast scheme" theory is just a myth that's been perpetuated.
Although that's because that is exactly what Virign is: a Brand.I mentioned that livery earlier, referring to it as Swallow / Irish. As for was it an unofficial depot repaint, does anything unofficial ever happen with a Virgin brand? They control their image tightly.