I am trying to get some use from the Club 55 promotion but the Arriva site seems a bit odd.
For example, if I try Cardiff to Manchester (which is advertised at £19.50) I am offered not only the £19.50 fare but also the basic £18.00 fare.
The Liverpool trips seem to work as advertised with their add-on but for Birmingham I am unable to get promotional fares at all.
Neither am I able to get any of the FGW add-ons although if I go the FGW site I can book even from my local station at Pontyclun quite easily throughto Penzance.
Is this typical of online booking problems for these promotions and am I likely to have similar trouble buying a ticket on the day as I don't want to make plans and then be disappointed?
For example, if I try Cardiff to Manchester (which is advertised at £19.50) I am offered not only the £19.50 fare but also the basic £18.00 fare.
The Liverpool trips seem to work as advertised with their add-on but for Birmingham I am unable to get promotional fares at all.
Neither am I able to get any of the FGW add-ons although if I go the FGW site I can book even from my local station at Pontyclun quite easily throughto Penzance.
Is this typical of online booking problems for these promotions and am I likely to have similar trouble buying a ticket on the day as I don't want to make plans and then be disappointed?
