• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva 158 Refurbishment (combination of 3 threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
4,861
Ah right thanks. Can't be far off ready now?

Yeah, going by the time it took to do 838 and suggestions on here (or perhaps some other web site) that the referbs were being accelerated after 838 I had expected the 3rd referb out somtime in the last few days.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Shame a Welsh Rail forum is not set up like the ScotRail one. I know there is one for the north wales coast but as far as I know not for the entire country
 

LinA

Member
Joined
13 Jul 2011
Messages
5
Some of you seem very knowledgeable about the refurbished 158s on the B'ham to Pwllheli line. I am about to book my ticket for my annual holiday in North Wales, could anyone please answer the following for me. What seat nos are near the luggage racks and toilets? Are they table seats or airline? Are there any priority seats as I would like as much legroom as possible as the journey is nearly 5 hours? If so what nos are these and are they near luggage rack and toilet? Are all the trains on this line now refurbished? Thank you.
 

krus_aragon

Established Member
Joined
10 Jun 2009
Messages
6,107
Location
North Wales
I can't tell you much about the interiors (as I haven't found one down here yet) but from the above posts four units have been refurbished so far. With 20 to go, that's roughly a 17% chance of getting a fresh unit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top