• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are there any Eurotunnel trainee train drivers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carriageline

Established Member
Joined
11 Jan 2012
Messages
1,897
Well done Rondog! I kind of wished I applied for it now, oh well!!

I have had 3 jobs the last few months at the Eurotunnel compound (is that even the right word!! It's where all the staff are anyway) installing fibre optics, maybe that's trying to tell me something!! From line side, it seems a really good job! So well done!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wheats

Member
Joined
14 May 2013
Messages
41
What kind of ages were the people who got through to the interviews at folkstone?
 

Rondog

Member
Joined
31 May 2013
Messages
24
They were mid twenties.... Various ages throughout the assessment but in my group they were mid to late 20s
 

wheats

Member
Joined
14 May 2013
Messages
41
Good luck tomorrow rondog, hope all goes well for you, make sure they wash there hands before they ask you to cough!!!
 

md_uk

New Member
Joined
18 Jun 2013
Messages
4
Congrats Rondog,
I made it to the final selection but got an email instead of a phonecall :(
 

Rondog

Member
Joined
31 May 2013
Messages
24
That's pants md uk, did they give you any feedback? Medical went well, just got to wait for drugs results back.
 

md_uk

New Member
Joined
18 Jun 2013
Messages
4
That's pants md uk, did they give you any feedback? Medical went well, just got to wait for drugs results back.

No, not a thing. Just a standard after careful consideration blah blah email!
 

Rondog

Member
Joined
31 May 2013
Messages
24
It was 38 by their scales, bit different from mine! But could evidence that I've lost over 2stone etc
 

wheats

Member
Joined
14 May 2013
Messages
41
Congrats to those who got the yes phone call and crap luck to those who didn't, try again if and when they re advertise
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anyone got any more info on how the assessments have been going?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Have you got a starting date rondog?
 

Septus

Member
Joined
20 Jul 2013
Messages
126
Recruiting again, question for me is, is it worth it, been from the West Midlands...relocating and seen as it appears the qualification, as such, is not transferable to the normal mainline TOCs/FOCs?
 

notadriver

Established Member
Joined
1 Oct 2010
Messages
3,737
It depends what your ultimate goal is? Tube driving/drivers would be in the same position as you but most are happy where they are.
 

scottk

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2012
Messages
10
Location
Folkestone
I did the online sift test on Saturday and got an email about 3 hours ago saying i'd passed and they attached an application form to the email for me to print out, fill out and post back to them
 

wheats

Member
Joined
14 May 2013
Messages
41
Good luck scottk hope all goes well when you send off your application pack,
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I think the last time they advertised for trainee train drivers just over 3,500 people applied for application packs, which included the sift test, this time they have done it a bit different by doing the sift test online
 

dan1985

Member
Joined
7 Nov 2013
Messages
18
has any one had there first interview this time round (November) what was it like please anything like the last ones mentioned on here? thanks
 

wheats

Member
Joined
14 May 2013
Messages
41
Don't think they have started the interviews yet, thought I viewed it somewhere that they are starting the process around the 25 November, if you are lucky enough to have got an invite after sending your application form back
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anyone got an invite for an assessment in November yet?
 

Cheshiretrain

Member
Joined
23 Sep 2013
Messages
17
Closing date for application forms is 12 noon on Thursday 14th November 2013. The assessment centres are being run from the 25th November until the end of December.

:D
 

wheats

Member
Joined
14 May 2013
Messages
41
Does anybody know what kind of shift patterns the drivers do for eurotunnel?
 

timeforachange

New Member
Joined
10 Nov 2013
Messages
4
Passed the sift test and have sent back the application pack.

I noticed on a previous post that a lot of people at the last assessment centres were 'mid twenties'. I am mid forties, does anybody know if this may affect my application?
 

wheats

Member
Joined
14 May 2013
Messages
41
I would like to think your age shouldn't come in to it timeforachange, cant beat experience in life
 

wayme

Member
Joined
12 Nov 2013
Messages
30
Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm nearly 27 so I thought it would be a good a time as any to sort my life out and start looking at a career! I've been thinking about applying for some trainee driver posts for a while now and I finally started that process yesterday.

I did the sift test last night and got an e-mail through this morning saying I was successful and to fill out the application and send it back to them by Thursday (loads of time!!)

Just a quick question about it though, has anyone filled it out online and then printed it to send or has everyone printed it off and then filled it out by hand? Or does it not matter?

Cheers!
 

timeforachange

New Member
Joined
10 Nov 2013
Messages
4
I thought about that as it didn't really say...anyway I printed it off and completed by hand, though can't say if that was right or not????
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top