Broken Viking
On Moderation
Hail all! 
As part of my travel plans for the next month, I'm looking at buying an EMT Advance from Derby to Farnborough to tie-up a "reverse" set of tickets (Return North to south, insted of my usual south to North) that I'm likely to end up with next week.
I've already looked at EMTs booking interface and found that the ticket I want is currently available (With the LUL transfer and SWT bit working out to only £3,- extra!
) but I'm a bit stuck with regard to the timings. Because of my plans, I'll need to leave Derby on the 16:18 departure (Arrives STP about 18:00) but I won't be able to continue my journey from Waterloo until at least 23:00 because I'll be transferring across London on foot, and I'm not so certain about the road route between St. Pancras and Waterloo.
When I select my departure from Derby however; The EMT booking system automatically sticks me on the 19:09 ex Waterloo, and I can't seem to find an option to change that. SWT don't do seat bookings on many SWML services though, and I'm certain that my use of the 23:42 insted of the 19:09 would be more beneficial to SWT in a commercial sense.
Therefore, what I need to know is: If I book an Advance + Connections ticket, the specific departure restriction obviously applies to the first train, for which the Advance fare is issued...But is the time given on my itinerary for the SWT leg between Waterloo and Farnborough equally binding, or can I take any SWT service of my choice at or after the time shown on my itinerary?
I've already sent EMT a similar question via their online customer service form, but - Given it's a Sunday - I doubt I'll get a response before tomorrow lunchtime...So I'm hoping I can get a clear cut answer to this question quickly so I can purchase my ticket ASAP.
Farewell for now, and many thanks once again for any assistance!
>> Death <<
As part of my travel plans for the next month, I'm looking at buying an EMT Advance from Derby to Farnborough to tie-up a "reverse" set of tickets (Return North to south, insted of my usual south to North) that I'm likely to end up with next week.

I've already looked at EMTs booking interface and found that the ticket I want is currently available (With the LUL transfer and SWT bit working out to only £3,- extra!
) but I'm a bit stuck with regard to the timings. Because of my plans, I'll need to leave Derby on the 16:18 departure (Arrives STP about 18:00) but I won't be able to continue my journey from Waterloo until at least 23:00 because I'll be transferring across London on foot, and I'm not so certain about the road route between St. Pancras and Waterloo.When I select my departure from Derby however; The EMT booking system automatically sticks me on the 19:09 ex Waterloo, and I can't seem to find an option to change that. SWT don't do seat bookings on many SWML services though, and I'm certain that my use of the 23:42 insted of the 19:09 would be more beneficial to SWT in a commercial sense.
Therefore, what I need to know is: If I book an Advance + Connections ticket, the specific departure restriction obviously applies to the first train, for which the Advance fare is issued...But is the time given on my itinerary for the SWT leg between Waterloo and Farnborough equally binding, or can I take any SWT service of my choice at or after the time shown on my itinerary?
I've already sent EMT a similar question via their online customer service form, but - Given it's a Sunday - I doubt I'll get a response before tomorrow lunchtime...So I'm hoping I can get a clear cut answer to this question quickly so I can purchase my ticket ASAP.
Farewell for now, and many thanks once again for any assistance!
>> Death <<
Last edited by a moderator: