• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another East Coast advertising livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
From EC on Twitter:

"Sky 1 Train will be 11:35 London to Leeds, 14:15 Leeds to London, 17:49 London to Leeds and 20:45 Leeds to London"

Shame as I booked an advance for the 19:45 after deciding the 20:45 was too late!
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
From EC on Twitter:

"Sky 1 Train will be 11:35 London to Leeds, 14:15 Leeds to London, 17:49 London to Leeds and 20:45 Leeds to London"

Shame as I booked an advance for the 19:45 after deciding the 20:45 was too late!
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,947
Location
UK
I'm heading into London this evening, and my train is scheduled to arrive at 1748 at KGX! So I might just see this on its way out.

Realtimetrains says it will go from platform 6, and I'll arrive on platform 10, but I know that neither is a given as many trains to/from KGX don't use the booked platforms.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
I am simply pointing out that it is, to me at least, distasteful that what is an essentially government operation should be in bed with a company with such allegedly questionable ethics. Perhaps I am the only one who takes issue with, it has been suggested, employees or agents of the parent company hacking the phone of a dead school girl (amongst others). I don’t think the government should be providing a veil of respectability for such people.

However, I seem to be the only person bothered by it. It must be nice for the PR & marketing people of these companies to know that they can do, essentially, whatever they like and the sheep will still lap it up.

Ahh there, we go, a little insult at the end of your 'Look at me, I am so morally clever that ill look down on you all'.

What you fail to forget, is that NI is a large company with its fingers in many pies and you simply cannot tar the parent company for the recklessness for one department.

This is why when people like to slag off bankers, I gently remind them that the people who work in their local branch for not a lot of money are also bankers so why are they slagging them off to?

Thats the problem with people like yourself sat on your high horse acting all smug. You actually dont have a clue, but at least you pretend you do.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,638
Location
Isle of Man
I am simply pointing out that it is, to me at least, distasteful that what is an essentially government operation should be in bed with a company with such allegedly questionable ethics.

I'm assuming you also object to East Coast selling Starbucks coffee and Nestle chocolate?
 

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
In fact Sky isn't even (39%) owned by News Corp any more. It's now a completely separate company called 21st Century Fox, that was spun off last year for precisely that reason (to separate News Corp's entertainment business from its somewhat tarnished publishing business).
 

43025 Exeter

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2013
Messages
166
Anybody know todays diagram?

Yesterday's diagram:
1N80 0708 KGX-YRK, 1Y82 1001 YRK-KGX, 1D15 1305 KGX-LDS, 1A39 1545 LDS-KGX, 1S31 1900 KGX-EDB
Note: For clarification, KGX-EDB was wrongly labelled KGX-LDS - apology to Class 91 Gen and Suraggu.

Today's diagram:
1E01 0540 EDB-KGX, 1S13 1100 KGX-EDB, 1E23 1630 EDB-KGX
 

virginking

Member
Joined
10 Jul 2013
Messages
6
Yesterday's diagram:
1N80 0708 KGX-YRK, 1Y82 1001 YRK-KGX, 1D15 1305 KGX-LDS, 1A39 1545 LDS-KGX, 1S31 1900 KGX-EDB
Note: For clarification, KGX-EDB was wrongly labelled KGX-LDS - apology to Class 91 Gen and Suraggu.

Today's diagram:
1E01 0540 EDB-KGX, 1S13 1100 KGX-EDB, 1E23 1630 EDB-KGX

Thanks for that. Its beautiful morning in Lincolnshire so will hope it lasts till noon!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I am simply pointing out that it is, to me at least, distasteful that what is an essentially government operation should be in bed with a company with such allegedly questionable ethics.
However, I seem to be the only person bothered by it. .

Personally I am rather more bothered by governments which fabricate evidence to justify a pointless war than the minor commercial infractions of entrepreneurs who have provided much greater freedom of choice to consumers around the world.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top