SuspectUsual
Established Member
- Joined
- 11 Jul 2018
- Messages
- 6,838
I imagine it was either a dawn raid or late last night, so as little attention could be grabbed at the time.
Hopefully this morning, as its his birthday
I imagine it was either a dawn raid or late last night, so as little attention could be grabbed at the time.
Looks like it was this morning, as the Mirror broke this earlier than the BBC: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/breaking-police-arrive-disgraced-andrews-36747284Hopefully this morning, as its his birthday
Police have arrested Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor at his temporary home on the Sandringham estate this morning on suspicion of misconduct in public office, Thames Valley Police has said.
At least six unmarked cars with eight officers in plain clothes carrying police issue laptops were spotted driving into Wood Farm around 8am today - Andrew's 66th birthday.
He should've been better friends with Trump. Then the US might've said he was a diplomat and he could've fled the UK under diplomatic immunity.I imagine it was either a dawn raid or late last night, so as little attention could be grabbed at the time.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Makes the US look even worse now in relation to holding their elites to justice.
As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
The man remains in police custody at this time.
We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.
“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
I know this is both factually accurate and also how they have to report such things but it does sound really funny when it's someone as famous as Andrew.As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
And I will use this helpful quote from Thames Valley Police to remind members please be careful in what they say. We not going to lock the thread just yet but that will require people to use their heads when posting!Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.
It was indeed this morning as somebody near the estate saw cars from Thames Valley turn up there and figured it out - posting to twitterHopefully this morning, as its his birthday
Is that not typical? You are arrested on suspicion of something even if it was totally obvious that you'd done (not that I'm saying that applies in Andrew's case!). The Police might catch you with laptop under your arm as you hop out of someone's living room window and they'd arrest you on suspicion of burglary I think?but I find it a bit telling that its only the misconduct in public office and only a suspicion of that at the moment
It’s his birthday today, too!More importantly - how will he cope sleeping in custody without his perfectly-arranged teddy bear collection?
Is that not typical? You are arrested on suspicion of something even if it was totally obvious that you'd done (not that I'm saying that applies in Andrew's case!). The Police might catch you with laptop under your arm as you hop out of someone's living room window and they'd arrest you on suspicion of burglary I think?
Surely everything is suspicion / accusation / allegation until it becomes “charge” and is ultimately proven one way or another in a court of law - whoever you are.Is that not typical? You are arrested on suspicion of something even if it was totally obvious that you'd done (not that I'm saying that applies in Andrew's case!). The Police might catch you with laptop under your arm as you hop out of someone's living room window and they'd arrest you on suspicion of burglary I think?
I hadn't clocked that. That's quite funny. Wonder if the custody skipper will get him a cake.It’s his birthday today, too!
Although that one is in some circumstances even more ludicrous- even though it is understandable why a blanket rule has to apply.It's similar to the fact that only a healthcare professional can pronounce someone dead even if it is glaringly obvious that there is no possibility they could be alive.
I wonder if someone timed the arrest deliberately for that reason?It’s his birthday today, too!
You are only ever arrested "on suspicion of" something. The police do not decide your guilt, they arrest suspects (if necessary) and collect evidence.It was indeed this morning as somebody near the estate saw cars from Thames Valley turn up there and figured it out - posting to twitter
I agree with what has already been said regarding what we say as there is the slight chance of prejudicing the case, but I find it a bit telling that its only the misconduct in public office and only a suspicion of that at the moment
Though as I noted previously on this thread, from what has been made public it's not clear there have been any offences of that nature committed that UK police could investigate.I’ve said before that it wasn’t a good look for the King to be harbouring Andrew at Sandringham but never thought it would end quite as badly as this for ‘the firm’ .
It’s not a good look for UK justice either when after years of inactivity on allegations relating to young women, it appears to be money matters that cause the police to take rapid action.
Yes, quiteIs that not typical? You are arrested on suspicion of something even if it was totally obvious that you'd done (not that I'm saying that applies in Andrew's case!). The Police might catch you with laptop under your arm as you hop out of someone's living room window and they'd arrest you on suspicion of burglary I think?
I hadn't clocked that. That's quite funny. Wonder if the custody skipper will get him a cake.
*Knock on the door. Andrew answersI wonder if someone timed the arrest deliberately for that reason?
There is also substantial evidence of trafficking of young women from the Epstein files and I can see no reason why those who found themselves in their company (yes mods- I’ve read your guidance) could not have been interviewed first to give primacy to those issues.Though as I noted previously on this thread, from what has been made public it's not clear there have been any offences of that nature committed that UK police could investigate.
Especially as the main witness who made the allegations isThough as I noted previously on this thread, from what has been made public it's not clear there have been any offences of that nature committed that UK police could investigate.
But those offences did not take place in the UK. Andrew is being "encouraged to cooperate" with the US authorities, who are not particularly interested in moving at speed on this issue anyway, for several reasons.There is also substantial evidence of trafficking of young women from the Epstein files and I can see no reason why those who found themselves in their company (yes mods- I’ve read your guidance) could not have been interviewed first to give primacy to those issues.
It would be Magistrates or Crown Court (the High Court is a civil court) but I believe that it will be the Crown Court as Misconduct in Public Office is an indictable only offence (which means it must be heard in front of a judge and jury) as well as the potential maximum sentence (life imprisonment) being outside the sentencing powers of the Magistrates. The case will still start in the Magistrates but that's a simple admin matter, the substantive case would be in the Crown Court.Would such an offence, of anybody and not just the person arrested this morning, be tried at a Crown Court or at the High Court?
I'm quite surprised the maximum sentence is life, to be honest.It would be Magistrates or Crown Court (the High Court is a civil court) but I believe that it will be the Crown Court as Misconduct in Public Office is an indictable only offence (which means it must be heard in front of a judge and jury) as well as the potential maximum sentence (life imprisonment) being outside the sentencing powers of the Magistrates. The case will still start in the Magistrates but that's a simple admin matter, the substantive case would be in the Crown Court.
Would previous good character be taken into account at arriving at a sentence?It would be Magistrates or Crown Court (the High Court is a civil court) but I believe that it will be the Crown Court as Misconduct in Public Office is an indictable only offence (which means it must be heard in front of a judge and jury) as well as the potential maximum sentence (life imprisonment) being outside the sentencing powers of the Magistrates. The case will still start in the Magistrates but that's a simple admin matter, the substantive case would be in the Crown Court.
Recent Epstein file releases have revealed organised liaisons involving Andrew in royal residences in the UK.But those offences did not take place in the UK.
Yes as with sentencing for any crime mitigation and aggravating factors will be considered when arriving at the appropriate sentence.Would previous good character be taken into account at arriving at a sentence?
It took me by surprise as well but:I'm quite surprised the maximum sentence is life, to be honest.
Misconduct in public office (“MiPO”) is a common law offence that can be tried only on indictment. It carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
When you're going after someone like Andrew you want to make sure that you're choosing offences you're extremely confident about. You don't want to mess this up! Plus lets not forget that they got Capone on tax evasion rather than his litany of other crimes.There is also substantial evidence of trafficking of young women from the Epstein files and I can see no reason why those who found themselves in their company (yes mods- I’ve read your guidance) could not have been interviewed first to give primacy to those issues.
It's a common law offence established in the 1700s. Bear in mind that in the 1800s, hanging around with Gypsies carried capital punishment.I'm quite surprised the maximum sentence is life, to be honest.