Wednesday-only "Runs as Required" path from Aylesbury depot to Ilford depot :?
510E 1231 Aylesbury D.M.U. Depot to Ilford E.M.U.D. http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P95072/2014/09/10/advanced
Never knew about such a path! If you'd managed to get the other end of the coach in the photo (where the individual coach number is), the unit number could have been worked out from the coach number:P
What a DMU is doing in an EMU depot is beyond me... and if I'd only taken it a fraction of a second later, I'd have got the unit no!
London Overground 172s occasionally head up there too. Obviously Ilford can do some work that other depots can't.
What a DMU is doing in an EMU depot is beyond me... and if I'd only taken it a fraction of a second later, I'd have got the unit no!
What a DMU is doing in an EMU depot is beyond me... and if I'd only taken it a fraction of a second later, I'd have got the unit no!
Anyone else want to mention the wheel lathe while we're at it?
Anyone else want to mention the wheel lathe while we're at it?
I assume everyone knows what a wheel lathe is and what it does?
AFAIK Wembley has a wheel lathe which is still used but I have not seen anything other than Pendolinos and Scotrail coaches down there recently.
Just saw this at Stratford at around 15:00... Couldn't catch the number though![]()
Without mentioning the wheel lathe again, but, by the way, it was probably going to the wheel lathe.
Why do I often see FCC DMUs at Ilford, normally 315/7s and 365s? Is there something they can do at Ilford that cannot be done at Hornsey? Or is the answer genuinely "wheel lathe"?
It'd be for the wheel lathe, IIRC SWT used to have its 455's taken there with the help of a GB Shed
It's interesting that classes 165 and 166 are said to have restrictions as to where they can go, because of their width and length, yet they do get around. Former Thames Turbos all had a refurb at Ilford.
I think it's there for the wheel lathe IIRC
... I'll get my coat....
Definitely going to / from Ilford EMUD for C4 or C6. The DMUs in question have been going there for a while.
Our units go to Ilford for C4 and C6 work.
Aylesbury has it's own wheel lathe for DMUs.
The Mark 3 coaches are tyre turned at Old Oak Common.
Old Oak Common has a wheel lathe and regularly does the FGW and other's locos and fleets. When I worked in Ready Depot for a while a few years ago, 165s were going to Ilford for Bogie Overhauls - Bombardier/ABB/BREL units and CX overhauls.
