• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

90024 in new 'Malcolm' livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
Not likely to be missed in it's new 'scenic' livery .... and I thought 66412 was bright in it's day!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheEdge

Established Member
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
4,498
Location
Norwich
At first I though "well that's a bit much" then, actually, its quite nice, like the various similar designs DBs 101s and the ES64s tend to carry around.
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
That sure is unusual. I have seen worse, but that's not saying much!
 

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2013
Messages
2,588
Location
Leeds
I quite like it actually! It reminds me a lot of the advertising/promotional liveries that German locomotives tend to be outfitted in - the large red undersidething with the DB logo helps that perception a lot.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,852
Location
Epsom
I quite like it actually! It reminds me a lot of the advertising/promotional liveries that German locomotives tend to be outfitted in - the large red undersidething with the DB logo helps that perception a lot.


A bit ironic that we get a continental style advertising livery this week of all weeks...
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
I will share an image from TRC here for anyone incapable of clicking on hyperlinks.

2249387_orig.jpg


http://www.railway-centre.com/june-2016.html


The Europeans do like their vinyls (as mentioned elsewhere on here). Here's one applied by DB Fernverkehr to one of their Adtranz 101 locos.

adtranz_33206_56.jpg


http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav=1000006&file=adtranz_33206_56&action=image
 
Last edited:

BurtonM

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2014
Messages
983
Location
Manchester
That train makes Adtranz pretty literal!

My first thought was 'very European' too. Undecided on whether I like it.
 

Highland37

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
1,259
I wonder why they have chosen a picture of an area with no railways? That's Stac Pollaidh and what looks like part of Applecross added in.
 

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
In a typical DBC move, 90024 has now been stored WQAA. I'm sure Malcolm are delighted. :roll:
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,852
Location
Epsom
"Stored" usually just means "on maintenance" these days and in most cases only lasts for less than a week.
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
"Stored" usually just means "on maintenance" these days and in most cases only lasts for less than a week.

It would depend on the type of storage, as "stored unservicable" is obviously worse than what you've mentioned. I've forgotten the DB pool codes for stored locos but I know that one of the EWS pools was WNXX. I know this is going off topic but quite a few class 60's and I believe some 66s are in storage.
 

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,865
Location
Beeston (Notts)
It would depend on the type of storage, as "stored unservicable" is obviously worse than what you've mentioned. I've forgotten the DB pool codes for stored locos but I know that one of the EWS pools was WNXX. I know this is going off topic but quite a few class 60's and I believe some 66s are in storage.

WQAA: DB stored group 1A (short-term maintenance)
WQBA: DB stored group 2 (unserviceable)
WQCA: DB stored group 3 (unserviceable, though more severe than group 2)
WQDA: DB stored group 4 (awaiting disposal). If it's WQAA it should be fine.
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
WQAA: DB stored group 1A (short-term maintenance)
WQBA: DB stored group 2 (unserviceable)
WQCA: DB stored group 3 (unserviceable, though more severe than group 2)
WQDA: DB stored group 4 (awaiting disposal). If it's WQAA it should be fine.

Cheers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top