• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

70001 - Anyone know if it's currently at Midland Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,888
Location
Rugby
Yes it is. Been there for a few weeks now "on repair".
 

Bittern

Established Member
Joined
8 Apr 2009
Messages
1,919
Location
Scotland
Y'know, when 70013 is built, it's going to be a bit confusing trying to determine what loco people mean when they just give the number when talking about it.
 

Dreadnought

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2007
Messages
586
Y'know, when 70013 is built, it's going to be a bit confusing trying to determine what loco people mean when they just give the number when talking about it.

Even better if they also name it Oliver Cromwell :lol:
 

Bittern

Established Member
Joined
8 Apr 2009
Messages
1,919
Location
Scotland
I've always went like "Six zero two two". Although when thinking of Mallard's number, I always think 4468.

What I really don't get (yet somehow picked up naturally) is what we call classes of trains like 156 = "One Five Six" and 158 = "One Five Eight", yet 170 = One Seventy and not "One Seven Zero" and 390 = "Three Ninety" instead of "Three Nine Zero".
 

LE Greys

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
5,389
Location
Hitchin
I've always went like "Six zero two two". Although when thinking of Mallard's number, I always think 4468.

What I really don't get (yet somehow picked up naturally) is what we call classes of trains like 156 = "One Five Six" and 158 = "One Five Eight", yet 170 = One Seventy and not "One Seven Zero" and 390 = "Three Ninety" instead of "Three Nine Zero".

That might be worth a whole thread, but to me the 310 was the "Three-One-Oh" (or "Ay-Em-Ten" if I was feeling eccentric). Not sure about the 110.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,296
I've always went like "Six zero two two". Although when thinking of Mallard's number, I always think 4468.

What I really don't get (yet somehow picked up naturally) is what we call classes of trains like 156 = "One Five Six" and 158 = "One Five Eight", yet 170 = One Seventy and not "One Seven Zero" and 390 = "Three Ninety" instead of "Three Nine Zero".

Although I will say "four five oh" "one five oh"
 

GearJammer

Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
897
Location
On the Southern
Y'know, when 70013 is built, it's going to be a bit confusing trying to determine what loco people mean when they just give the number when talking about it.

Well when they talk about Freightliners 70013 they'll just have to say '70013 you know? the ugly one?' :) :) :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top