Woodleigh77
New Member
- Joined
- 1 Jan 2019
- Messages
- 1
Hello,
My Family and I (2 adults and 3 children 16,12 & 8) will be travelling to London in May for 5 days. We will be arriving at Heathrow Airport and staying in the Bloomsbury area. For travel I was looking to purchase 7 Day paper Travel cards from an above ground rail station (Charing Cross I believe is the closest) with Photo I.D's. The main reason for this instead of Oyster cards being for the 2 4 1 offers for the attractions we want to visit (I've done the homework and definitely worth it in our case) as well as the ease of it covering all public transport for the duration of our trip (other then the Heathrow to Bloomsbury trips) and the Child discount on travel and attractions for the 8 & 12y.o's. However some sites I've read recently say this is still an option and others say that this is no longer an option and that these would be transferred to an Oyster card or that they are even unavailable to purchase after our arrival in London at all and the only option is to pre-purchase online which doesn't cover the 2 4 1 offers and therefore isn't worth it in our case. Please clarify as I particularly want the 2 4 1 offers and the child discounts. Thanks in advance.
My Family and I (2 adults and 3 children 16,12 & 8) will be travelling to London in May for 5 days. We will be arriving at Heathrow Airport and staying in the Bloomsbury area. For travel I was looking to purchase 7 Day paper Travel cards from an above ground rail station (Charing Cross I believe is the closest) with Photo I.D's. The main reason for this instead of Oyster cards being for the 2 4 1 offers for the attractions we want to visit (I've done the homework and definitely worth it in our case) as well as the ease of it covering all public transport for the duration of our trip (other then the Heathrow to Bloomsbury trips) and the Child discount on travel and attractions for the 8 & 12y.o's. However some sites I've read recently say this is still an option and others say that this is no longer an option and that these would be transferred to an Oyster card or that they are even unavailable to purchase after our arrival in London at all and the only option is to pre-purchase online which doesn't cover the 2 4 1 offers and therefore isn't worth it in our case. Please clarify as I particularly want the 2 4 1 offers and the child discounts. Thanks in advance.