Ardwick can't hold all 61 units, TPE need to use York as well so that there is enough space for them all at Ardwick.
Correct Ardwick can't hold ALL 61 units EVERY NIGHT and never will.
I said it looks after 61 units.
Lets look at the South Transpennine route as I live on it. This needs 7 units a day to operate, EVERY NIGHT 4 units are kept at Cleethorpes it has a fueling point, a carriage washing plant and is able to empty the toilet tanks, 1 unit is kept at Sheffield and ONLY 2 return to Ardwick. The North Transpennine and the Scotish services will be similar.
I may be wrong but as I understand the new franchise when ONLY 29 units are needed Class 185's will ONLY operate on 2 lines.
Manchester Airport to Cleethorpes 7 six car trains 14 units.
Hull to Manchester Piccadilly 6 six car trains 12 units.
26 units in service and 3 spare.
No Class 185 will go anywhere near York, Hull and Cleethorpes can hold more units than they do at present, so Ardwick at best will only get 10 units a night. WHY will TPX need a Siemens depot at York ???????