Dave S 56F
Member
I just wanted to add to the mainline steam tours updates:
Yesterday I went on a steam dreams tour 23 july commencing at King's X to York return I joined the tour at London after getting a N.X. Coach from leeds to Sheffield and the early 04:48am E.M.T. to st Pancras in and had planned to alight on the return at Huntingdon however it dident go according to plan I had booked in premier dining as well at a cost of £320 which made me infuriated after what happened 70000 Britannia riddles 7mt ran a hot big end after been stopped at Fletton jct outside Peterborough for a Waterstop all of a sudden a steward announced to everyone on the S.D. tour 70000 britannia was failed and coming off the train and going up the N.V.R.to be stored until L.S.L. decide to get her to crewe for fixing.
Anyhow the S.D. tour continued to be diesel hauled to to York by the tailgunner class 57 or 47 on the rear and back to Kings X diesel hauled as well so I decided to abandon the tour and make my way up to Leeds and back home on a lner service train.
Oddly enough as well west coast railways railway touring Co did a tour yesterday as well I think to Weymouth with 5mt 45212 that also failed when it got to weymouth with a hot axle box so there tour went awry as well.
So what I'm asking is do network rail look at this in a bad light when steam locos over 60 yrs old fail like this and does it have a negative effect on N.R. directors wanting to ban steam tours which sometimes result in blocking service train paths and how situations like this besides the hot weather and lineside fires could affect future T.O.C. private steam charters tours any thoughts on this subject who might also do steam touring?
Yesterday I went on a steam dreams tour 23 july commencing at King's X to York return I joined the tour at London after getting a N.X. Coach from leeds to Sheffield and the early 04:48am E.M.T. to st Pancras in and had planned to alight on the return at Huntingdon however it dident go according to plan I had booked in premier dining as well at a cost of £320 which made me infuriated after what happened 70000 Britannia riddles 7mt ran a hot big end after been stopped at Fletton jct outside Peterborough for a Waterstop all of a sudden a steward announced to everyone on the S.D. tour 70000 britannia was failed and coming off the train and going up the N.V.R.to be stored until L.S.L. decide to get her to crewe for fixing.
Anyhow the S.D. tour continued to be diesel hauled to to York by the tailgunner class 57 or 47 on the rear and back to Kings X diesel hauled as well so I decided to abandon the tour and make my way up to Leeds and back home on a lner service train.
Oddly enough as well west coast railways railway touring Co did a tour yesterday as well I think to Weymouth with 5mt 45212 that also failed when it got to weymouth with a hot axle box so there tour went awry as well.
So what I'm asking is do network rail look at this in a bad light when steam locos over 60 yrs old fail like this and does it have a negative effect on N.R. directors wanting to ban steam tours which sometimes result in blocking service train paths and how situations like this besides the hot weather and lineside fires could affect future T.O.C. private steam charters tours any thoughts on this subject who might also do steam touring?