Here's a challenge!
I have been given a 2 day voucher by Northern Rail.
Given these constraints
1. Northern trains only
2. Starting on the morning of day 1 from Warrington, not before 9am.
3. Ending back at Warrington, on the 2nd last available train on day 2 (for contingency)
4. Ending day 1 at Carlisle
Can you design a route which includes Hull on the 2nd day? So something like Warrington-Manchester-Carlisle day 1, Carlisle-Leeds-Hull-Sheffield-Warrington day 2.
The problem I'm having is the Preston-Lancaster section which has very few Northern trains.
I am prepared to pay for 1 train journey (eg Preston-Lancaster on VT or TPE) or say a bus from Colne to Skipton.
I have been given a 2 day voucher by Northern Rail.
Given these constraints
1. Northern trains only
2. Starting on the morning of day 1 from Warrington, not before 9am.
3. Ending back at Warrington, on the 2nd last available train on day 2 (for contingency)
4. Ending day 1 at Carlisle
Can you design a route which includes Hull on the 2nd day? So something like Warrington-Manchester-Carlisle day 1, Carlisle-Leeds-Hull-Sheffield-Warrington day 2.
The problem I'm having is the Preston-Lancaster section which has very few Northern trains.
I am prepared to pay for 1 train journey (eg Preston-Lancaster on VT or TPE) or say a bus from Colne to Skipton.