I am happy that I was delayed because I want to claim compensation - it's quite simple. It's not my fault or my problem that both delays were caused by suicides!
It is my opinion based on personal experience (more to come below), so I
do know what I'm talking about with regard to mental illnesses.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thank you for making needless assumptions. In actual fact I
do know what I'm talking about - from personal experience - as although I have never suffered from a mental illness myself it
has touched family/friends of mine (I'm not being specific on a public forum).
The basic point I am making is that depression or a mental illness does
not automatically mean suicidal thoughts. If someone
does have suicidal thoughts, they are obviously mentally ill (which includes severe depression as it is a mental illness). Unfortunately, many people in these cases do not seek help. Even if family or friends seek help for them, they often ignore it or do not take needed medication (such as anti-depressants).
If someone feels that they cannot solve their problems except by killing themselves, then they
are a "weak" person - there's no getting around that. If someone is experiencing a problem, someone else has almost certainly experienced the same problem - and has
not gone and killed themselves. However, a "weak" person who has suicidal thoughts is probably "weak" mentally, especially if they don't seek help or take medication.
Like you, I will not elaborate further on my own personal experiences, as this is a
railway forum (which is why I'm here) - not a mental health forum! I will not comment further on this subject, but I want to make clear that I
do have personal experience with this! (To be honest, most people have, but don't want to talk about it).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That is true. However, any further religious discussion should go in General Discussion - not in a thread about the ECML!
I have my own opinions on religion, but do not want to discuss it on a public forum to do with the railways. I am here to talk about the railways and all things with it - nothing else!