Was thinking on doing the same but at the end of the email they sent it says they’re unable to respond individually, have they replied to you?Same here.
I've emailed them as i've passed all the assessments already with another TOC.
Fingers crossed.
Idk if they'll let you change the start date, will probably be take it or leave itHi all, been silently reading all the tips shared here (thank you!!) and I recently had my DMI which went well. I’m anticipating an offer for a course starting soon but I have a dilemma and would appreciate your perspectives.
I have a trip booked end of Dec to beginning of Jan which cuts 4 days into the start of the training course.
- Changing the dates so I land sooner is a ridiculous price so not an option
- Cancelling the flight only gives me back a small fraction of what I paid so not worth it
- My mum is advising me to enquire about later courses, which I’ll do, but I feel she doesn’t understand the value and demand of a place on a training course
I feel my best options are to see if I can start 4 days late or move my whole trip to another time of year (providing I get the annual leave dates when signing my contract) as I’m anxious about delaying this opportunity
Any thoughts?
Yeah I thought so, thank youIdk if they'll let you change the start date, will probably be take it or leave it
I'm afraid changing courses dates or starting later in the week wont be an option. Also your annual leave is set in stone for the duration of the training course, 4x weekly allocated block leave pre-arranged into the course structure. There is no Ad-Hoc leave until you qualify.Hi all, been silently reading all the tips shared here (thank you!!) and I recently had my DMI which went well. I’m anticipating an offer for a course starting soon but I have a dilemma and would appreciate your perspectives.
I have a trip booked end of Dec to beginning of Jan which cuts 4 days into the start of the training course.
- Changing the dates so I land sooner is a ridiculous price so not an option
- Cancelling the flight only gives me back a small fraction of what I paid so not worth it
- My mum is advising me to enquire about later courses, which I’ll do, but I feel she doesn’t understand the value and demand of a place on a training course
I feel my best options are to see if I can start 4 days late or move my whole trip to another time of year (providing I get the annual leave dates when signing my contract) as I’m anxious about delaying this opportunity
Any thoughts?
Thanks for responding. I’m hoping they let me know the block leave asap so I can rearrange the flight then, otherwise I’ll just have to lose my money but the sacrifice will be worthwhile I’m sureI'm afraid changing courses dates or starting later in the week wont be an option. Also your annual leave is set in stone for the duration of the training course, 4x weekly allocated block leave pre-arranged into the course structure. There is no Ad-Hoc leave until you qualify.
When did you have your interview??? I had mine in Friday just gone and waiting to hear. My online application status has changed from “application pending” to “offer in progress”.Thanks for responding. I’m hoping they let me know the block leave asap so I can rearrange the flight then, otherwise I’ll just have to lose my money but the sacrifice will be worthwhile I’m sure
I interviewed on Friday too! And I just checked my application status and it says the same thing. I hadn’t checked it since applying lolWhen did you have your interview??? I had mine in Friday just gone and waiting to hear. My online application status has changed from “application pending” to “offer in progress”.
Have you heard anything yet?!!
May I ask when you were placed in the talent pool? Was it with this latest campaign drive that ended end of September? Or a previous one? I received an email saying that Id be notified if all 30 or so positions are filled, which would mean id go into the talent pool thereafter. Thanks in advance.I'm in the talentpool with arriva, my status also changed from pending to offer in progress
Ah I see. So maybe they had more DMI passes than posts for November intake. I'm on the other side, I've only passed the initial assessment and may be put in talent pool if I'm not advanced this time around.So basically I passed all the assessments with OPC and then I passed my DMI for the November intake. Arriva sent me an email to say I'm in the talentpool and considered for January intake.
Thanks for the replyThey will notify us from now until beginning of December latest 4th if the course start date is 5th January, they would give time for a month notice but you won't get much time to sit and think.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Offer in progress is one step closer, HR works through lists of candidates not everyone is as straight forward, they will get back to everyone from now until beginning of December just be patient
I would consider what you are likely to financially gain over the course of your career in this position as opposed to the loss of a flight ticket or date change. It’s a no brainer really.Hi all, been silently reading all the tips shared here (thank you!!) and I recently had my DMI which went well. I’m anticipating an offer for a course starting soon but I have a dilemma and would appreciate your perspectives.
I have a trip booked end of Dec to beginning of Jan which cuts 4 days into the start of the training course.
- Changing the dates so I land sooner is a ridiculous price so not an option
- Cancelling the flight only gives me back a small fraction of what I paid so not worth it
- My mum is advising me to enquire about later courses, which I’ll do, but I feel she doesn’t understand the value and demand of a place on a training course
I feel my best options are to see if I can start 4 days late or move my whole trip to another time of year (providing I get the annual leave dates when signing my contract) as I’m anxious about delaying this opportunity
Any thoughts?
Yes currently flat rate.Is anyone aware on overtime rates? Is it a flat rate etc?
Thank you for responding. This makes absolute sense and is what I was leaning towardsI would consider what you are likely to financially gain over the course of your career in this position as opposed to the loss of a flight ticket or date change. It’s a no brainer really.
My advice is to focus on the course and the offer you have been made. Everything else that will affect it should not take a priority.
Word on the tracks is the Jan course has been pushed back to March 26.Thing is, they mentioned potential course start date 5th Jan 26. Where I work now, I would like to give at least a months notice. Puts me in a tricky situation otherwise.
Isn't it +£75 on weekends now?Yes currently flat rate.
Really... I mean it's been dead silent since, so I wouldn't be surprised.Word on the tracks is the Jan course has been pushed back to March 26.
Yeh £75 booking on fee for weekends up until the end of the current concession.Isn't it +£75 on weekends now?
One of the Ops Trainers informed me this morningReally... I mean it's been dead silent since, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Even if you’ve already passed the psychometric tests for another TOC/FOC, you usually still attend to see if you need to pass them to a higher standard, or do extra testing. Or did the OPC tell you you didn’t have to attend as your previous scores were of a high enough standard?I was supposed to have an assessment on the 6th Nov which I did not have to attend as I had done the test prior but haven’t heard anything back from the OPC I’m assuming I’ve failed as people have had interview’s is it still worth poking them about it