Travelled 1/9/26 from South Kensington LU Zone 1 to Leatherhead using contactless PAYG, using the District Line and a change at Wimbledon to SWR.
I tapped the pink reader at Wimbledon and this registered fine. Overnight the charge has appeared as £10 for the journey when I was expecting £7.40. The TFL Fare Finder in fact agrees with the higher charge applying in this direction.
Where did I go wrong?
A few other details;
I tapped the pink reader at Wimbledon and this registered fine. Overnight the charge has appeared as £10 for the journey when I was expecting £7.40. The TFL Fare Finder in fact agrees with the higher charge applying in this direction.
Where did I go wrong?
A few other details;
- The TFL Fare Finder implies the lower fare only works for journeys ending in Zone 1, not the reverse. Is that intentional?
- BRFares shows £7.40 available in both directions https://www.brfares.com/!fares?orig=ZSK&dest=LHD
- My TFL app journey history is showing "Unknown Exit" between the Wimbledon pink tap at 22:31 and a double entry for Leatherhead both timed at 23:07. Suggesting something else has gone awry here.
- Using TFL's fare finder for a split journey (South Ken - Wimbledon £3.30, Wimbledon - Leatherhead £4.30) it seems like I'd have saved money by tapping out and back in using the gateline at Wimbledon, which seems like a bug not a feature for contactless. Although it's something I've done in the past to make use of my SWR SmartCard before Project Oval rollout.