• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Zonal Anomalies - Shoreditch High Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farnborough

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2025
Messages
313
Location
Farnborough
I'm not a regular user of London's services, but I've uncovered an anomaly (although others may well be thinking "Newbie")... Shoreditch High Street

I took a journey from Clapham Junction to Dalston Junction, on the Windrush line. I was puzzled to note that I'd been charged a Zone 1-2 fare rather than just a Zone 2 fare.

It turns out that, while every other station is in Zone 2, Shoreditch High Street is a Zone 1 station - even though stations either side are Zone 2. (Actually, to be fair Hoxton is a Zone 1/2)

Why is Shoreditch High Street such an anomaly and solely Zone 1 - to me, it makes no sense, and should be Zone 2 (or at least Zone 1/2) ?

Shoreditch High Street.png
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top