• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

YP Tamworth - Sheerness Open Return Available Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
8 Dec 2006
Messages
961
Location
Costa Del Sheppey
Hi,

I have a couple of quick questions:

1) As this is an Any Permitted route ticket, is it valid via Derby and St Pancras?

2) Is it valid on the 0906 departure from Tamworth on Monday morning?

Thanks in advance :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Firstly, Open Return is a term no longer used in formal ticket descriptions. Your options for a flexible ticket are:

Anytime Return £195.00
Off-Peak Return £61.30

1) As this is an Any Permitted route ticket, is it valid via Derby and St Pancras?

Sheerness is associated with Chatham and Faversham, both of which pass the fares check. Tamworth is a routeing point itself.

I can't find any map combination for Tamworth - Chatham or Tamworth - Faversham that allows routeing down the MML, and I doubt that it is the shortest route via Derby either, so the answer to your question is unfortunately 'no'.
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Okay, thanks for your help bb21! :)

TAM-EUS direct on a Desiro it is then :P

In some ways, although a slower journey perhaps, the LM Desiro may be more comfortable and less crowded than the new fast trains on MML (unless you are lucky to get a 125 which don't seem so common on that line these days:( ) or a VT Pendo.

I see you are from the Isle Of Sheppey, I used to spend many happy holidays there, my grandparents used to live at Warden Point. I have been to Sheerness since then, it's has changed somewhat, I must get down to the Isle again and have a look around, have to check the bus times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top