northwichcat
Veteran Member
You need to check your timetable again, the ex WVH 06:27 (SX) to EUS calls at MK to set down only.
Ah OK. I looked at RTT which doesn't show calling restrictions
Read what I said again: "There aren't any Virgin trains from MK to Euston between 07:14 and 08:47" which was true when I looked at the timetable on both NRE & VT websites ten minutes ago.
You did also say
which means the London office workers can't use them
So I find it very interesting that no London office workers start before 9am, despite many office workers starting before 9am in cities like Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds.
You also said
. The LM trains, which are 1/3 2/3 door outer suburban stock just like the 185s and 150s take between 45 and 65 minutes to do the journey.
Which is incorrect as some only take 40 minutes.
I quoted the anytime single fares from NRE. OK so using your comparison figures, it still costs 36% more for a journey on an LM outer suburban stock train.
So do you not agree that most commuters would hold season tickets.
I didn't mention the Overground, I said the tube or bus in central London. They would only use the Overground if they were going back out of the centre (against the peak flow), or changing down from a slow to Euston to the Overground at Watford, probably making the journey well over 2 hours. Seat density is also low on the tube, but there's no denying that it is a crush on those small loading gauge cars.
No but you were going on about people working in London having to put up with crush loadings which isn't unique to London. There are both trains and buses which leave people behind up here as well and usually the frequency is lower up here.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I wasn't aware that our 150's came from Birmingham, although in hindsight this would seem logical. However, they did run said units on the GOBLIN.
The LO 150s were originally due to go to Northern under the CP4 HLOS but in the end they went to FGW, with Northern only taking on ex-LM 150s.
