• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Your Most Annoying/Most Liked Advert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai.

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2008
Messages
1,210
Location
Wales
Hi guys, I was sat watching TV earlier and the Go Compare advert came on and, although very effective, it is highly annoying. I was just wondering what adverts you guys hate.

Mine are:
Go Compare
Vanish Stain Remover
SafeStyle UK "YOU BUY ONE YOU GET ONE FREE"



Over to you guys!

Edit: 04/12 - I've changed the title of the thread so it's about adverts in general.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

imagination

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2010
Messages
505
Tesco's "every little helps" catchphrase annoys me a lot. It's such a useful phrase, but every time I use it it feels like a reference to Tescos, and I hate the place...
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
You're three, along with:
Sofa ads (DFS are the worst), they have a sale every single week!
Shampoo/face cream/body wash ads for women, need I say more? They seem to do a hell of a load of research discovering new cells that don't even exist that their cream helps!
That woman in the Galaxy advert, she looks like a fish!
Adverts that are meant to sell British products yet are obviously made in Europe etc, with awful acting and voice dubbing.
 

GB

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2008
Messages
6,560
Location
Somewhere
Soooo many to chose from but at the moment its Iceland followed closely by compare the market.

The febreze adverts are pretty dire too, but thier so bad thier almost funny.....almost.
 

Dai.

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2008
Messages
1,210
Location
Wales
I've seen one recently to add to this topic that is about winning prizes and it explains what you can win and between each one it goes POW!.


Also the perfume ones do my head in they have no point.
 

Kneedown

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2007
Messages
1,837
Location
Nottinghamshire
The Visa "touchless technology" ad where the bearded guys riding through town on the rollercoaster.

Come onnnnnnn, if he was peering at naked women shaving their legs in their bathrooms, firstly he'd be arrested, and secondly she wouldn't be smilin she'd be screaming the neighbourhood down!
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
1. DFS
2, Tesco
3. Sony
4. Febreze
5. Cow and Gate milk
6. L'Oreal
7. Actimel
8. Anchor
9. Maltesers
10. Fosters

Actaully, I hate almost all of the adverts on TV!
 

Dreadnought

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2007
Messages
586
Actaully, I hate almost all of the adverts on TV!

That sums it up nicely for me!

I watch some adverts and wonder why someone thought it would encourage me to use/buy their products they are that poor / lame / annoying!
 

Dai.

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2008
Messages
1,210
Location
Wales
Anyone ever seen poor placement for adverts as well?


I've seen the Jamster adverts for pop songs on thoroughbred rock channels.
 

Bittern

Established Member
Joined
8 Apr 2009
Messages
1,919
Location
Scotland
How about all those ads that use "Here come the girls"? I NEVER want to hear that song again!
 

wintonian

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2010
Messages
4,889
Location
Hampshire
Go Compare is annoying but worse than that its got to be those dam Daz ads, at least they don’t use Shane Richie anymore.

Thankfully they also seem to have got rid of those mobile ringtone ads which were just the worst ever and so bad 99% of the time I just turned over.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,849
Location
Epsom
Yes - won't touch the cleaning products that were advertised by the git before and after every part of The Bill. ( No wonder viewing figures plunged and they axed it! )
 

Zamracene749

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2005
Messages
919
Location
East Durham
"Autoglass repair, autoglass replace" - autoglass will be replacing broken noses if I hear much more of that!

"givva give a givva garmin, givva give a givva garmin"- nope, I'll never ever give, purchase or even use an effing garmin after listening to that bloody ad on the radio all last christmas at work grrrr.

And the favourite- "have you had an accident that wasn't your fault" - aaargh- ambulance chasing lowlife gits!!!

Now where are those stress pills ;)
 

starrymarkb

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
5,985
Location
Exeter
Don't you lot have a PVR? Just pause the program and go make a cup of tea, then fast forward the ads!
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,849
Location
Epsom
Remember this one?

Ariston and on and on and on and on........




( .... and on yer nerves, presumably! ):lol:
 

Eng274

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2010
Messages
796
1. We Buy Any Car.com - almost makes me not want to watch Dave.

2. Cow and Gate milk - no toddler is naturally that happy because its getting enough calcium and iron, who are they trying to kid.

3. Go Compare - my mute button has a new lease of life

4. I read about this is Private Eye recently, despite the banning of product placement, X-factor seems to be all about plugging related merchandise; a month or 2 ago the commercials were plugging a Cheryl Cole CD, when it was "destroy a Beatles song week", the commercials had Paul McCartney/Beatles stuff, it ought to be irritating but thankfully the pub rescues me from such mediocrity.

5. Daz - the Jeremy Kyle soap opera

6. anything by Guinness - the marketing brand that brews irish stout as a sideline. I genuinely believe a neglected 37's oil change would taste better

7. Any cosmetic/skin care adverts - they say 88% of women claim a product miraculously works, but the small print at the foot of the screen says "88% of 271 women sampled" or something similarly low.

now for some radio ads that annoy me, courtesy of Forth one:

1. Autoglass

2. coco pops - rattling a spoon in my earplugs DOES MY HEAD IN

3. padraig harrington selling eye laser treatment

4. McEwan fraser's blatantly scripted customer appraisals

5. go compare - get knotted

6. optical express

7. "you're better by far with lochinvar" [windows]

However, on a feel-good note, the Toys 'r' Us advert is back, with only a minor revamp :) loved it when i was a boy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
The AutoGlass advert is absolutely awful....thankfully, I don't think they put it on anymore. Its also really annoying when you see an advert that goes on for like six minutes, full of things like car chases and motorbikes, and it turns out just to be for a make of new shampoo or some ridiculous new fragrance.
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
The advert's that are irritating me most at the moment have to be the stupid yoghurt advert with the cow running along the beach "pretending to be a horse". It's been on for ages, and was never funny in the first place. Ironically, I can't remember the actual product it's advertising, just how irritating the thing is!

There's also the wonderful Febreeze advert which is one of the most poorly dubbed adverts I've ever seen. I mean the way the two young men say "Wwwwash it?" - do they thing they're in 'Allo 'Allo or something?

If anyone happens to watch ITV2, or lives with someone who does, then the worst adverts made by a television channel are there. They force Peter Andre, Kerry Katona and Keith Lemon in your face all day - set to irritating music, picked simply because it's in the charts and no because it's relevant to what is being advertised.

There is also Safestyle UK... you know the one... :roll:
 

class156

Member
Joined
19 Dec 2009
Messages
153
Location
Irvine
The gocompare advert really annoys me, although I would like to wax that guy's moustache off to see how high he could sing :lol:. Other adverts that annoy me are those stupid loan adverts, thankfully there isn't nearly as many as there used to be thanks to the recession. And finally I hate adverts that intend to look and sound cheap Cough Cillit Bang Cough.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
Safestyle UK. I would never buy anything from them.
 

Mr Spock

Member
Joined
14 Jan 2008
Messages
608
I just turn the sound off when the adverts come on as most of them are ridiculous/pathetic/annoying. Even if you get a half decent one (e.g. early meerkats ones) they get shown so often you get to dislike them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top