CaptainHaddock
Established Member
- Joined
- 10 Feb 2011
- Messages
- 2,723
I've been planning a York Whitby day trip for later in the summer and the excellent brfares site has found me a fare of £13.30, routed "Not via Darlington".
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=YRK&dest=WTB&rlc= &rte=99&ldn=0&tkt=CDR
Unfortunately whatever booking site I use, the fare shows up but is greyed out and described as "not valid on any of the listed services". Instead I get offered a CDR fare of £29.00.
I then thought the £13.30 might only apply on the York-Whitby direct bus but when you select Whitby Bus as your destination, it brings up a Bus Return fare of £8.50 (cheaper I know, but I don't want to go by bus!).
Two things perplex me; the obvious route is to change at Middlesbrough, which does of course avoid Darlington, and secondly the fare is set by TPE, which of course runs the York-Middlesborugh service. So why on earth is the £13.30 fare impossible to book?
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=YRK&dest=WTB&rlc= &rte=99&ldn=0&tkt=CDR
Unfortunately whatever booking site I use, the fare shows up but is greyed out and described as "not valid on any of the listed services". Instead I get offered a CDR fare of £29.00.
I then thought the £13.30 might only apply on the York-Whitby direct bus but when you select Whitby Bus as your destination, it brings up a Bus Return fare of £8.50 (cheaper I know, but I don't want to go by bus!).
Two things perplex me; the obvious route is to change at Middlesbrough, which does of course avoid Darlington, and secondly the fare is set by TPE, which of course runs the York-Middlesborugh service. So why on earth is the £13.30 fare impossible to book?
