jasonwills
Member
I'm looking at routings from Edinburgh to either Leeds, Cross Gates or Garforth/East Garforth on Wednesday 26th August and it seems like after about 2200 at York, everything on the Leeds-to-York line is rail replacement buses.
What's puzzling me is that I can't find any announcements on the Transpennine Route Upgrade, Northern or National Rail websites or Journeycheck about this. Does anyone know what's going on?
I figured it might be the Transpennine Route Upgrade electrification but their website says they're only doing the work on weekends and bank holidays - and that's all I can find on Journeycheck too (Leeds and Micklefield from 00:10, Saturday 22 August 2026 to 05:00, Sunday 23 August 2026).
It looks like I've got an option if I change onto a TransPennine at Durham then get the Durham to Leeds direct train, but it's the last direct train of the day (the 2118) with a 2217 changing at York as a potential backup. I'm not sure if I want to chance it with TPE, especially if it means getting stranded and not being able to get to work (in Leeds) the following morning!
What's puzzling me is that I can't find any announcements on the Transpennine Route Upgrade, Northern or National Rail websites or Journeycheck about this. Does anyone know what's going on?
I figured it might be the Transpennine Route Upgrade electrification but their website says they're only doing the work on weekends and bank holidays - and that's all I can find on Journeycheck too (Leeds and Micklefield from 00:10, Saturday 22 August 2026 to 05:00, Sunday 23 August 2026).
It looks like I've got an option if I change onto a TransPennine at Durham then get the Durham to Leeds direct train, but it's the last direct train of the day (the 2118) with a 2217 changing at York as a potential backup. I'm not sure if I want to chance it with TPE, especially if it means getting stranded and not being able to get to work (in Leeds) the following morning!