• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

York-Harrogate-Leeds-York journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domo455

New Member
Joined
13 Oct 2014
Messages
3
Hi,

I'm travelling from York to Harrogate and back tomorrow evening for a show - the last direct train back is at 9, but the show doesn't finish until 10. I can get a train to Leeds and then on to York, will I be able to do that with a York-Harrogate return?

I annoyingly suspect not, and think it's ridiculous to get three separate single journeys!

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,369
Would a Harrogate to Micklefield be valid via Leeds or York? If so, this may be your best bet! Just remember your train must stop at Micklefield
 

David Dunning

Member
Joined
27 Oct 2009
Messages
210
Location
York
I'd check but I think a York to Leeds ticket should cover the full circle trip. Ive used one via Garforth and then via Harrogate to return before
£12 though
 

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,369
David Dunning:1941826 said:
I'd check but I think a York to Leeds ticket should cover the full circle trip. Ive used one via Garforth and then via Harrogate to return before
£12 though
yes it will as it falls under the direct train rule. Also, the Harrogate line is cheaper so definitely would be valid.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,497
Location
Yorkshire
The most appropriate fare is a York-Leeds Off Peak Day Return (CDR) Route: via Harrogate priced at £11.40: and a change of route excess for the return portion (65p).

The excess can be obtained at the ticket office, or on the train. There is no requirement to obtain this excess before travel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top