• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Yeovil Junction to Basingstoke Return Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kath123

On Moderation
Joined
2 Jul 2024
Messages
240
Location
Somerset, UK
Hi

Next week I am planning to make the following return journey:

Outward Journey Tuesday 4th March

Planning to catch the train leaving Yeovil Junction at 17:30 arriving at Basingstoke at 19:00

Return part of journey Wednesday 5th March

Catch the 16:08 train from Basingstoke arriving in Yeovil Junction at 17:38

I am visually impaired and have a Disabled railcard. It will just be me travelling.

From the research I have managed to do I think the cheapest fare I can get is a Super Off Peak Return costing £20.80. If that’s the case then I’m happy with that as it is cheaper than I thought but I just want to check my journey is definitely eligible for this and if anyone can find a cheaper option then all the better! If a super off peak return fare is best then can I just buy it on the day of my outward journey or do I need to buy in advance?

I am assuming Basingstoke will be staffed and able to provide assistance for the times im travelling. Is anyone able to confirm this? Re Yeovil Junction I know it should be staffed unless they are short staffed. I am really just hoping for the best as I can’t really travel earlier either day.

Any help much appreciated - thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,039
Location
Up the creek
According to South Western Railway’s site Basingstoke is staffed all the time. The ticket office is open until 21.30.
 

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,149
Location
Wilmslow
Yes, that’s a valid ticket, restriction code UL
Not valid on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before 12:01
You can buy on the day, if that works for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top