Andy Pacer
Established Member
Can anyone help me with CrossCountry HST diagrams for Thurs and Fri of this week please?
Southbound:
06:00 Leeds to Plymouth
06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth
13:07 Edinburgh to Plymouth
Northbound:
12:25 Plymouth to Glasgow Central
15:25 Plymouth to Leeds
16:25 Plymouth to Leeds
Southbound:
06:00 Leeds to Plymouth
06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth
13:07 Edinburgh to Plymouth
Northbound:
12:25 Plymouth to Glasgow Central
15:25 Plymouth to Leeds
16:25 Plymouth to Leeds
Anything for Thursday?Note that this for Friday.
Not sure yet as I think sets are still out of place from over Christmas. But it should be 1V44 & 1V50 heading South and 1S51 & 1E63 heading North.Anything for Thursday?
Thanks a lot for your help.Not sure yet as I think sets are still out of place from over Christmas. But it should be 1V44 & 1V50 heading South and 1S51 & 1E63 heading North.
Can't find a relevant thread of recent to ask this, but there's currently a XC HST on the Aberdeen to Leeds tonight. Anyone able to shed light on why this set was used (presumabley it was on the prior Northbound London to Aberdeen service also) as I thought VTEC stopped hiring in XC HSTs to cover some of their services?
It is a stock balancing move to get it back to Edinburgh.Unusually, today's 1S45 09:25 Plymouth to Aberdeen and 1B61 21:31 Aberdeen to Edinburgh are today formed of HST set XC04 (power cars are 43285 and 43366).
Unusually, today's 1S45 09:25 Plymouth to Aberdeen and 1B61 21:31 Aberdeen to Edinburgh are today formed of HST set XC04 (power cars are 43285 and 43366).
No. It's a one off today as already stated if you read the thread.I'm not on the trains today but does anyone know is a HST on the 09:25 from Plymouth to Aberdeen permanent on all weekday and weekend services now (subject to availability)?
If yes: Fantastic, as to allow enough time at Birmingham New Street, I'd get the 11:13 from Oxford then the 13:03 from there to Edinburgh rather than go 3 hours later on a Monday.
If I make my first trip to Scotland (Edinburgh in this case), my plan is to travel by HST - my first trip on one (also possible first train trip) was around 1995/1996! At the moment due to the present XC HST diagrams on Mondays I'd opt for the 14:13 from Oxford - changing to the 16:03 at Birmingham New Street. There's a 17:03 as a backup!
If to watch the HST come in + get to it in time, avoid the xx:39 Manchester routes either being full to standing, or running late then best to opt for the xx:13 services. If you do my chosen 14:13 and 16:03 on a Monday, don't buy the advance tickets - go for the Off-Peak ones! This includes if you love that magic 30-second moment at Birmingham !
1E30 1818 Aberdeen-Leeds usually forms from 1S11 1000 Kings Cross-Aberdeen which was involved in a fatality today and terminated at Peterborough (then when forming 5S11, failed completely)
ECML was a complete mess so unlikely to have sourced a Virgin set so with it being the last southbound service of the night to anywhere south of Edinburgh i'd expect they've drafted in the XC HST. I believe there was a 1F11 from Edinburgh to Aberdeen to facilitate this.
It's not an HST because it would be a complete waste of capacity.I'll be honest I don't think it registered in my mind properly.
I think XC trains seem to be good at this sort of thing - unless it's the first time of course!
It's a pity the Plymouth to Aberdeen service isn't a HST all the time - these trains might get passengers travelling to this part of Scotland by train and I sense if this came through York around 20 or more minutes late (before the VTEC HST) then the 7-coach capacity might just be helpful for passengers who don't have advance tickets.
They would never put a Voyager on a VTEC diagram obviously so this post is just nonsense.I'll be honest as disappointing as a Voyager in place of a HST is anyway, if ever VTEC is in need of a train to run an Aberdeen to London service then it's better for a 7-coach 457-seat HST (than a 4-coach 200 seat or 5-coach 262-seat Voyager) to run in place of a 9-coach HST with around 600 seats - even if the HST will be full and standing!
VTEC cannot run a Voyager - their crews do not sign them for a start.I'll be honest as disappointing as a Voyager in place of a HST is anyway, if ever VTEC is in need of a train to run an Aberdeen to London service then it's better for a 7-coach 457-seat HST (than a 4-coach 200 seat or 5-coach 262-seat Voyager) to run in place of a 9-coach HST with around 600 seats - even if the HST will be full and standing!
Well Meridians were used London Kings Cross - Doncaster, so I'd find it hard to believe Voyagers are not.I wonder if Voyagers are cleared for the ECML south of Doncaster..
The sectional appendix states they have "No published clearance". This does not necessarily mean they can never operate on the route, it just means they can only operate "when specifically permitted and the authority has been formally published in an operating notice".I wonder if Voyagers are cleared for the ECML south of Doncaster..
Interesting, I wonder if the 221 bogies would make a difference, seeing as 222s have the same bogies as 220s but not 221s.The sectional appendix states they have "No published clearance". This does not necessarily mean they can never operate on the route, it just means they can only operate "when specifically permitted and the authority has been formally published in an operating notice".
Class 222s are cleared subject to some restrictions, so it would be unlikely that Class 220/221 would have any significant issues.
Yes they do.AFAIK, XC still have an HST at Wabtec, receiving PRM mods.