Hi All,
Sorry this may be a rather dull question, but I'm just looking at some tickets to Birmingham this weekend, and I can't get over just how slow XC is on New St - Derby on a Sunday!
It will take me ~3hr for Selly Oak - Sheffield on Sunday, compared to 1hr30 on Saturday. Some are actually quicker going via Leicester! I recall them usually being slower on a Sunday, but not this bad, is there something going on? The through trains also seem to be scheduled to wait at Derby for 15 minutes for some reason, so that will be frustrating.
Sorry for the grumpy first post!
Cheers,
Jamp
Sorry this may be a rather dull question, but I'm just looking at some tickets to Birmingham this weekend, and I can't get over just how slow XC is on New St - Derby on a Sunday!
It will take me ~3hr for Selly Oak - Sheffield on Sunday, compared to 1hr30 on Saturday. Some are actually quicker going via Leicester! I recall them usually being slower on a Sunday, but not this bad, is there something going on? The through trains also seem to be scheduled to wait at Derby for 15 minutes for some reason, so that will be frustrating.
Sorry for the grumpy first post!
Cheers,
Jamp