• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WY Metro Train & Bus DayRover

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
3,047
Would anyone know if I can purchase the West Yorkshire Metro Train & Bus DayRover at the fares window at Leeds near the ticket barriers?

I can't buy it on the train (only the train only one is sold), and Castleford Bus Station isn't listed as one of the bus stations that sells it either! Need to get to Otley via Saltaire today so yeah :lol:
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
Nope same as on train. You would need to buy a ticket into Leeds then get your train and bus from the main ticket office.
 

johntea

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
3,047
A very kind member of the barrier staff let me through to buy the ticket luckily (I did ask at the window first)
 

JohnB57

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2008
Messages
721
Location
Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
For future reference, unless there's been a change recently, the scratch card version of this pass is only available at bus stations. This means that if you just want to have a pass in reserve for self validation on the day of travel, you can't get one at the rail station.
 

johntea

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
3,047
I'm used to my MetroCard but since I'm job hunting at the minute I can't justify having that around as I could end up anywhere for my interviews, next week I'm in Blackpool :lol:

But yes certainly quite a bit of effort to actually get the ticket which I'll be feeding back to Metro, I can maybe understand the train not doing it due to the ticket stock but the newly refurbished Castleford Bus Station not doing it either is a bit rubbish!

Even ended up getting a Uber between Saltaire and Otley as there was a delay on the train I intended to catch to Shipley to connect with the Ilkley service so I only ended up getting one bus in the end anyway! :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top