• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WSMR loco + DVT, sans carriages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,954
Location
UK
An odd sight tonight (1751) at Finsbury Park as a WSMR loco with DVT came through the up goods line, towards King's Cross, without any carriages! Now that's a very short train I thought to myself!

Any idea what it was up to?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

junglejames

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2010
Messages
2,069
Nope, no idea. Go on, tell us, what was it up to?!!!:lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry, couldnt resist. I must be bored!!
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,954
Location
UK
It came towards Finsbury Park and passed it - then went off in the distance! Imagine how odd it would look if you took nine carriages out of an East Coast Mk4 set and that's what it looked like!

(btw, I think I missed the joke!)
 

craig87034

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
587
I assume it was bringing 82304 back from Doncaster after having that was having a generator installed
 

junglejames

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2010
Messages
2,069
It came towards Finsbury Park and passed it - then went off in the distance! Imagine how odd it would look if you took nine carriages out of an East Coast Mk4 set and that's what it looked like!

(btw, I think I missed the joke!)

:roll:
I was jokingly suggesting that your question was a quiz, and that you really knew the answer!!!
Oh deary me!!:lol:
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,954
Location
UK
Okay, got it. I thought that was what you meant, but wondered if there was an obvious joke that I was too stupid to get! I did post late and was knackered.
 

craig87034

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
587
Curious... why would it need a generator? Stock pre-heating or something?

Correct as discussed at the time,yes its for heating the stock when their having maintenance as skips are to lound

I can also confirm that 67014 took a mixed set (3 Silver and 2 Blue and Grey)to Doncaster Wabtec yesterday with 82301 so the return may of been 67014 and 82301
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top