Hi all.
I was on a morning return greater anglia train from Cambridge to London Liverpool street - advance single ticket, purchased with 16-17 railcard mistakenly, instead of 16-25.
The ticket inspector approaches and asks to see the ticket. After some faff due to connection issues (wifi, janky app, weak data, etc.) I present my ticket - a barcode on the trainpal app. After scanning, was asked to see my railcard, for 16-25 y/o. however - was then told my ticket was for a 16-17 railcard.
I had made a mistake at the time of purchase.
I showed proof that I could not afford to pay part of the penalty (around £28) on the spot, so was just given a Penalty Fare notice.
The notice number doesn't work on the appeals site, I am currently emailing their helpdesk email about that.
What are my chances like for appealing? Do I have a leg to stand on? What is the strongest argument I can produce to avoid paying?
Thank you guys.
I was on a morning return greater anglia train from Cambridge to London Liverpool street - advance single ticket, purchased with 16-17 railcard mistakenly, instead of 16-25.
The ticket inspector approaches and asks to see the ticket. After some faff due to connection issues (wifi, janky app, weak data, etc.) I present my ticket - a barcode on the trainpal app. After scanning, was asked to see my railcard, for 16-25 y/o. however - was then told my ticket was for a 16-17 railcard.
I had made a mistake at the time of purchase.
I showed proof that I could not afford to pay part of the penalty (around £28) on the spot, so was just given a Penalty Fare notice.
The notice number doesn't work on the appeals site, I am currently emailing their helpdesk email about that.
What are my chances like for appealing? Do I have a leg to stand on? What is the strongest argument I can produce to avoid paying?
Thank you guys.