• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wrexham and Shropshire Mobile Phone Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
Afternoon :)

I've just booked a return trip to London this Sunday on WSMR.

I used the option of sending my tickets to my mobile phone as the only other option was self-print, and my printer's a bit funny at the moment.

Two worries:
Worry The First: the bottom line of the ticket says "CCD 9688" which is "Credit Card" and the last four digits of my Mum's long card number.
Am I expected to carry the card the booking was made with? It didn't mention it on the site, but I can't see another reason for that info being on the ticket. She owed me roughly the same amount of money, so I just used her card instead of my own.

Worry The Second: it was sent as a text message with a hyperlink. What if I have no 3G signal when my ticket is checked and the page won't load?

Your help is invaluable as always :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lyesbkz

Member
Joined
1 Dec 2010
Messages
615
Location
Chesterfield
What if I have no 3G signal when my ticket is checked and the page won't load?

I believe an Applet is used to download and store your ticket to your phone, in any case the website advises you save the ticket itself:

Please save your ticket on your mobile before you travel, in case there is no reception during your journey.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Am I expected to carry the card the booking was made with?

Being under the impression they will use Mobitix, like many TOCs, I found the following in the (what I believe to be general) Mobitix conditions:

The lead passenger must be the payment card holder and carry the card used to make the booking. All passengers travelling under the same booking must travel together at all times.

This was on the Virgin Trains branded website at http://www.mobitix.thetrainline.com/VT/mobitix_terms.aspx so I'm not 100% sure if it will apply to WSMR but to be on the safe side I'd assume it will apply, probably best to check with WSMR themselves.
 

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,284
Hi Chris The Ref,

I booked some tickets on Sunday for travel with WSMR later this week, using the mobile tickets for the very first time.

I didn't see anywhere on the site, about the need to carry the cardholder's card on you with your ticket either.

As lyesbkz says in regard to phone signal/ having your ticket checked, I've personally saved both my tickets to my phone's memory for safe keeping.

If you're bothered about your phone's compatability, you could test it on the WSMR website, although i realise it would be too late now if that's the case.

Enjoy your journey, i'm sure I will too- 8 hours of WSMR in First Class- great stuff! :)
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
I've used an Mobitix on WSMR and I was sent a text with the details of my journey and a bar code reader. The guard just looked at the journey details, no bar code scan or credit card check.
 

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,284
Come to think of it, the TM didn't ask me for my credit card, when I used print at home on the two or three times i've done so on WSMR.

I would've gussed you would need it, to stop people printing several off (particularly in the case of off peak/anytime tickets) etc?
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
I can't find it now but WSMR's website used to say you needed the card when travelling for print@home tickets but not for tickets sent to your mobile.
 

Ibex

Member
Joined
23 Jan 2010
Messages
801
I had the same experience as TEW with my mobile tickets. The guard just looked at it and no scan or anything and said fine thanks. Same at Marylebone, I just said "I have a mobile ticket thing?" and they opened the side gate. No request for a credit card or anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top