• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Would this be permitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJT2012

New Member
Joined
22 Jan 2013
Messages
2
Hi, hope I've posted this in the right place!

On Sunday (27th Jan), I will be travelling on the return portion of a Flitwick to Bache Off Peak return route: Not London. Until about 1400 on Sunday, no EMT southbound services are stopping at Bedford. I am planning on getting the 1211 service from Leicester and was wondering if I would be permitted to double back at Luton Airport Parkway to come back to Flitwick and arrive at 1341. I know this isn't normally permitted, but it would have having to hang around for the bus!

So to summarise, would I be able to double back at Luton Airport Parkway? Im guessing not, but quietly hoping that I am!!

Thanks for any help you can give :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,421
Location
Yorkshire
Welcome to the forum! (and yes, this is the right place)

You are right, there is nothing I can see to permit it.

So I would advise you ask EMT/FCC if they will grant permission. You could ask the guard on the day (though even if permission was granted, that could still leave you in potential bother in the unlikely event that an FCC RPI caught you on the FCC leg of the journey).

What you are supposed to do is take a bus from Wellingborough to Bedford, connecting into an FCC train from there.
 

WJT2012

New Member
Joined
22 Jan 2013
Messages
2
Thanks :) I'll ask the guard on the day and if he/she says yes then that will be great! The RPI's on the northern TL route are generally good anyway, so shouldn't have any problems with that if the guard writes on the ticket. In any case, i'll tweet FCC and EMT.

Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top