• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Would like to see class 56s at Acton Mainline

Status
Not open for further replies.

HST_enjoyer

Member
Joined
3 Jun 2025
Messages
67
Location
Near London
I have been trying for a bit to find out where in London I can spot a class 56, and have found that DC Rail use Class 60s and Class 56s on occasion on the Great Western Mainline, but looking on RTT I'm not quite sure how to tell which services will be headed by a class 56, I would be really grateful for any thoughts regarding how best to predict when a class 56 will be coming through acton mainline or generally any other places in London where I could see one as its a loco I would really love to see while they're still around!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tumbledown

Member
Joined
5 Nov 2024
Messages
279
Location
UK
Some kind people post daily updates here:
 

55002

Established Member
Joined
16 Aug 2019
Messages
5,388
Location
Ldn
I have been trying for a bit to find out where in London I can spot a class 56, and have found that DC Rail use Class 60s and Class 56s on occasion on the Great Western Mainline, but looking on RTT I'm not quite sure how to tell which services will be headed by a class 56, I would be really grateful for any thoughts regarding how best to predict when a class 56 will be coming through acton mainline or generally any other places in London where I could see one as its a loco I would really love to see while they're still around!
They sometimes do the Willesden to Merehead run, or the Willesden Grain/Chessington runs. As above, keep an eye on the DCR thread @47286Dan and @ExRes are the posters you need to look out for on all things DCR
 

ExRes

Established Member
Joined
16 Dec 2012
Messages
8,427
Location
Back in Sussex
I have been trying for a bit to find out where in London I can spot a class 56, and have found that DC Rail use Class 60s and Class 56s on occasion on the Great Western Mainline, but looking on RTT I'm not quite sure how to tell which services will be headed by a class 56, I would be really grateful for any thoughts regarding how best to predict when a class 56 will be coming through acton mainline or generally any other places in London where I could see one as its a loco I would really love to see while they're still around!

Keep an eye on RTT for tomorrows possible 1034 6V23 Willesden to Merehead Quarry and 1606 6M18 return

On the other hand, if you fancy a tour of London the only other DCR service likely/threatened to run from Willesden is an 0248 6O83 - 0508 6Y84 - 0955 6L83 - 1922 6M84 trip

56045, 56103 & 60046 are the only current residents at Willesden so if both services run you could be in luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top