• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worst town for seeing Nissan Jukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,077
As most people on here don't like them, where is the worst offending place to see Nissan Jukes? Specifically referring to pre-2020 registered examples with their horrible bug eyes.

Up in the North West there seem to be thousands of them in Warrington, with Altrincham and Widnes not far behind.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MattA7

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2019
Messages
473
Don’t the old Nissan Leaf EVs also have that hideous bug eye like design.

As for Nissan jukes there is quite a lot In my area (South Ayrshire) usually blue ones.

I have to admit I was rather shocked by the range Nissan has in the UK especially compared to other countries which is unfortunate as a lot of people liked Japanese made cars. Kia and Toyotas choice of cars is also poor in comparison to the range available in the US and GCC
 
Last edited:

A0

On Moderation
Joined
19 Jan 2008
Messages
7,751
I have to admit I was rather shocked by the range Nissan has in the UK especially compared to other countries which is unfortunate as a lot of people liked Japanese made cars. Kia and Toyotas choice of cars is also poor in comparison to the range available in the US and GCC

The problem is quite alot of people are car snobs and have bought into the myth of "German quality".

In other countries they haven't fallen for that.
 

GS250

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2019
Messages
1,031
Don’t the old Nissan Leaf EVs also have that hideous bug eye like design.

As for Nissan jukes there is quite a lot In my area (South Ayrshire) usually blue ones.

I have to admit I was rather shocked by the range Nissan has in the UK especially compared to other countries which is unfortunate as a lot of people liked Japanese made cars. Kia and Toyotas choice of cars is also poor in comparison to the range available in the US and GCC

Agreed the UK has missed out quite badly on some excellent Japanese cars. Especially larger saloons or coupes. Well specified, high performing and reliability of which the prestige German brands could only dream about. I won't harp on though as its hijacking the thread!

As for Jukes, they are EVERYWHERE!

Confession to make...my gf drives one although its utility is fairly good in Skye. Maybe its a Scots thing as its in that blue colour too. Yes I'd question her taste but then again I've sometimes questioned her taste in men when I've been an absolute berk of which isn't uncommon......
 

SeanG

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2013
Messages
1,377
Loads in the north east - I'm not sure if that relates to the generous discounts that Nissan offer to their own employees and those of other local companies/organisations
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,874
Not many in Hertfordshire. Thank goodness. I’ve been on oil tankers with better acceleration (and turning circles).
 

MattA7

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2019
Messages
473
You do wonder why the designers didn’t pick up on the horrendous design especially as the a well known for being ugly
 

GS250

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2019
Messages
1,031
You do wonder why the designers didn’t pick up on the horrendous design especially as the a well known for being ugly
I suppose you could say the 93 on Ford Scorpio has finally been surpassed.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,849
Location
Epsom
The Juke isn't that bad in the looks department.

Nissan have produced real visual horrors in the past though, like the Cube...
 

RichJF

Established Member
Joined
2 Nov 2012
Messages
1,202
Location
South London
Loads in my town (East Grinstead) & nearby Crawley. Seem to be on every street.

Also interestingly lots of Nissan Notes (late 2000s model with awful tail lights) & as James May calls them 'Nissan Qumquats".
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,810
Location
West of Andover
The company I work for have the Jokes as company cars for those high enough in the food chain to be entitled to one, so sadly I see them all to often at work. Horrible things
 

ASharpe

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2013
Messages
1,024
Location
West Yorkshire
The company I work for have the Jokes as company cars for those high enough in the food chain to be entitled to one, so sadly I see them all to often at work. Horrible things
I think this might be the reason.

All it takes is for a big employer to have one car as standout in the list of available cars and everyone will snap them up. It's a white Tesla Model S where I work.

I take the cash and have a train season instead.
 

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
As most people on here don't like them, where is the worst offending place to see Nissan Jukes? Specifically referring to pre-2020 registered examples with their horrible bug eyes.

Up in the North West there seem to be thousands of them in Warrington, with Altrincham and Widnes not far behind.
Where I live in Telford, there used to be 3 Jukes in my 21 house street :{
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,275
As most people on here don't like them, where is the worst offending place to see Nissan Jukes? Specifically referring to pre-2020 registered examples with their horrible bug eyes.
Says who? Not a car I've ever owned, but don't know how you've come to such a dismissive conclusion.

Undoubtedly there's worse vehicles out on the road than the Nissan Juke.
 

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,022
Location
Up the creek
There are quite a few on the Isle of Wight. They mostly seem to be driven by efficient young women who are so busy being efficient that they are not paying attention to their driving. (Sorry if that sounds sexist, but I am afraid that it is my observation.)
 

bramling

Veteran Member
Joined
5 Mar 2012
Messages
20,401
Location
Hertfordshire / Teesdale
The problem is quite alot of people are car snobs and have bought into the myth of "German quality".

In other countries they haven't fallen for that.

I can’t claim to have been dissatisfied with my BMWs. They do the business. So much so I very nearly bought a third one recently, but it got sold over the couple of days I was thinking about it. Regretting that now.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Not many in Hertfordshire.

That’s my observation too. Sounds like that’s a good thing.
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,874
That’s my observation too. Sounds like that’s a good thing.

oddly, as a result of this thread I have seen some over the last few days. I just shake my head and feel sorry for the driver.

I have had the misfortune to drive one once - a hire car - and had an interesting conversation with the Enterprise rep when I returned it. He was suitably apologetic. Whether coincidence or not I don’t know, but the next two hire cars from Enterprise resulted in free upgrades.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,610
Location
Isle of Man
I have to admit I was rather shocked by the range Nissan has in the UK especially compared to other countries

The other cars didn’t sell. Which, given how terrible the Nissan Pulsar was, isn’t a surprise.

I don’t see the appeal of the Juke- it’s less roomy than a Ford Fiesta- but it’s not a bad car. I test-drove one before I got my Qashqai in 2019 and didn’t actively hate it, but it was a higher-spec one with a proper engine.

Used to see a lot in the north east, funnily enough.

The problem is quite alot of people are car snobs and have bought into the myth of "German quality".

Like with so much in life, it’s all about the label, even though increasingly the actual platform is identical between manufacturers. Indeed the same 1.3 petrol engine in my Qashqai can also be found in a Dacia and in a Mercedes A-class.
 

GS250

Member
Joined
18 Mar 2019
Messages
1,031
The other cars didn’t sell. Which, given how terrible the Nissan Pulsar was, isn’t a surprise.

I don’t see the appeal of the Juke- it’s less roomy than a Ford Fiesta- but it’s not a bad car. I test-drove one before I got my Qashqai in 2019 and didn’t actively hate it, but it was a higher-spec one with a proper engine.

Used to see a lot in the north east, funnily enough.

My gf has a top of the range one with a peppy 1.5 TDI engine. It's actually not a bad car and has been everything a lot of German brands are not and been fully reliable. Her mate across the road has a similar age small Audi SUV that's constantly suffering from electrical issues.
 

Russel

Established Member
Joined
30 Jun 2022
Messages
5,533
Location
Lichfield
Apart from it's somewhat unusual looks, what exactly is the issue with the Juke?
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,874
Apart from its somewhat unusual looks, what exactly is the issue with the Juke?

They are a pig to drive. Underpowered (grossly, in some cases*), turning circle of the proverbial oil tanker, and top heavy so they swing about in corners. Add in a sat nav system that is rather user unfriendly and a distinct lack of comfort, it all adds up to a heap of junk. My opinions only, of course.

*the one I had for a weekend was installed with what essentially functioned as a ‘boost’ button. It was marked “A/C Off”.
 

birchesgreen

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2015
Messages
7,673
Location
Solihull
They are a pig to drive. Underpowered (grossly, in some cases*), turning circle of the proverbial oil tanker, and top heavy so they swing about in corners. Add in a sat nav system that is rather user unfriendly and a distinct lack of comfort, it all adds up to a heap of junk. My opinions only, of course.

*the one I had for a weekend was installed with what essentially functioned as a ‘boost’ button. It was marked “A/C Off”.
Its a Sandero or Clio wearing a fat suit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top