• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Works for Edinburgh South Suburban line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CEN60

Member
Joined
17 Dec 2018
Messages
299
FYI - there is also another study into electrifying the line taking place.
 

Photohunter71

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2012
Messages
576
Location
In a flat beside Niddrie West junction
@MadMac,, yes they did! However I am wondering if this (as CEN60 mentioned a study into electrification of the line),is prep for electrification? I'm thinking it's a combination of mitigating another subsidence issue, plus some small prep for electrification and general track renewal work? Maybe wrong on my guess, but that's what I reckon!
 

CEN60

Member
Joined
17 Dec 2018
Messages
299
@MadMac,, yes they did! However I am wondering if this (as CEN60 mentioned a study into electrification of the line),is prep for electrification? I'm thinking it's a combination of mitigating another subsidence issue, plus some small prep for electrification and general track renewal work? Maybe wrong on my guess, but that's what I reckon!

The letter drop is nothing to do with the electrification study as far as I know, the survey work to support the study has already been done by NetworkRail.
 

Photohunter71

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2012
Messages
576
Location
In a flat beside Niddrie West junction
True, nothing mentioned about the study,,but just wondering if they were to include a bit (albeit a tiny portion) of prep for proposed electrification. All I know is, I've checked rtt and no mention of rails being transported to the aforementioned site, although it won't tell you specifically what is being transported (you work it out from the destinations). I will definitely find out for sure tonight though!
 

Photohunter71

Member
Joined
17 Jan 2012
Messages
576
Location
In a flat beside Niddrie West junction
Reviving this thread. Had a letter yesterday from Network rail with regard to the thread topic. Revised dates are 06/06/20 to 09/06/20! Seems that the planned work was cancelled on the original dates given and have been moved to this weekend until Tuesday morning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top