• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Work experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulr6r35795e0

New Member
Joined
20 Sep 2017
Messages
2
Location
East Yorkshire
Hi all,
So i was wondering if you could help me

I have to start looking for work experience for next year. When ive left school i'd like a career on the railways

Ive contacted hull trains, tpe and northern and asked if they can do anything

Whilst i wait for there reply i was wondering if any of you know if i'll be able to do anything?
Cheers
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2013
Messages
3,228
A lot depends on your age - but I would expect you would do something along the lines of a few days in the booking office and general customer service - maybe a visit to/a day in their control centre.

Much of it will be observation based due to the training you need to complete to be able to undertake many roles on the railway. Each TOC has its own policy on Work Experience and on what they allow you to do. Also, as many members will testify, TOC HR is not a quick beast, so you may have to chase up replies.
 
Last edited:

PudseyBearHST

Member
Joined
28 Sep 2015
Messages
1,122
Location
South West
Hi all,
So i was wondering if you could help me

I have to start looking for work experience for next year. When ive left school i'd like a career on the railways

Ive contacted hull trains, tpe and northern and asked if they can do anything

Whilst i wait for there reply i was wondering if any of you know if i'll be able to do anything?
Cheers

Hello and welcome to the forum! I would see if your school could try to arrange it. Most schools have an Academic and Careers advisor and I reckon they will have more influence so I would speak to them and see if they can help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top