• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worcester Shrub Hill [WOS] - Paddington [PAD] Day Return (arrive before 9am)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbm00

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2012
Messages
29
Hi folks,

I'm trying to book a train from Worcester Shrub Hill to London Paddington on 6th June.

I have to be in Paddington by 9am. I should be free to return after 5pm.

Current thoughts are to take the following direct services with FGW:

OUT: 0536 WOS - 0759 PAD
RTN: 1922 PAD - 2148 WOS
Cost: £74 (Anytime Return)
Looks like I could get two singles at £37 (Anytime Single) + £29.80 (Super Off Peak Single) = £66.80

-------------

Another option (return via B'ham New St):

OUT: as above on an Anytime Single (£37)
RTN: EUS - BHM (Megatrain - £9) then BHM - WOS (London Midland - £8).
Cost: £54

With this option I'd be tied to a specific VT service on the return leg which isn't really an issue. I should be free by 5pm but would rather wait until later for peak time crowds to clear.

------------

I had a look at Chiltern Trains from B'ham Moor St to Marylebone but they aren't competitive for an early morning journey. Doesn't help that my date of travel is just a week away.

If anyone has any advice or ideas on other ways to cut the cost it'd be appreciated.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soil

Established Member
Joined
28 May 2012
Messages
2,311
Would Worcester - Clapham Junction Via Evesham SDR work for you? This is £44 and is uncontroversially valid Worcester - Reading - Wokingham - Feltham - Clapham Junction.

It's arguably valid to Paddington, but that would not be a 'risk-free' journey.
 

wbm00

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2012
Messages
29
Thanks soil. Would that mean I actually travel to Clapham Jct or just use the cheaper ticket to get to Paddington? Apologies if I've misunderstood.
 

soil

Established Member
Joined
28 May 2012
Messages
2,311
Thanks soil. Would that mean I actually travel to Clapham Jct or just use the cheaper ticket to get to Paddington? Apologies if I've misunderstood.

To Clapham Junction. The ticket is in IMO valid to Paddington, but I couldn't recommend you use it to travel there.
 

wbm00

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2012
Messages
29
Thanks soil.

Is there a way to find out the punctuality of FGW's service between Hereford & London Paddington? I've had a look around but couldn't find anything.

Ideally I'm looking to see how often services into London are delayed and if so by how long.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top