ThePianoDentis
New Member
- Joined
- 7 Dec 2013
- Messages
- 1
Going to keep this short this time as somehow it failed when i first made the thread.
This was with south eastern trains
I don't have a videophone or anything to take videos myself, so to get my appeal properly done I didn't send it off until 14 days after I got the penalty fare. (also needed it to be light when i took video so could only do at weekends)
Anywayon 4th december they sent me a letter charging me £20 for not having paid. Then on 5th December they emailed me saying my appeal was successful and I did not have to pay the £17 penalty I owed.
Also I received no correspondence beforehand warning or reminding me I needed to pay, first letter I got was £20 fine.
Seems a bit bull**** to me, but it does state appeal process is independent of paying the fine.
Therefore is there anything I can do about this?
Why say you have 21 days to appeal, when you actually don't? You have maybe 1 week tops.
This was with south eastern trains
I don't have a videophone or anything to take videos myself, so to get my appeal properly done I didn't send it off until 14 days after I got the penalty fare. (also needed it to be light when i took video so could only do at weekends)
Anywayon 4th december they sent me a letter charging me £20 for not having paid. Then on 5th December they emailed me saying my appeal was successful and I did not have to pay the £17 penalty I owed.
Also I received no correspondence beforehand warning or reminding me I needed to pay, first letter I got was £20 fine.
Seems a bit bull**** to me, but it does state appeal process is independent of paying the fine.
Therefore is there anything I can do about this?
Why say you have 21 days to appeal, when you actually don't? You have maybe 1 week tops.