• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WON abbreviations and explanations

Status
Not open for further replies.

redtape

New Member
Joined
6 Aug 2023
Messages
3
Location
Scotland
Hi All,

Can anyone direct me where to find WON [Weekly Operating Notice] abbreviations or something that can aid me.

For example I cannot find what the # symbol means when relating to possession limits or I cannot find what [COST], [AP] or [AS] etc stands for in regards to worksites.

Can anyone send me in a direction to a document or standards that would explain the WON and how it is to be produced.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Boilinthebag

Member
Joined
12 Jul 2022
Messages
49
Location
GWR
I'd be interested in this too. Many moons ago I was chasing the same thing and spoke to someone at NR who didn't have/want to send any paperwork but explained some of the symbols. I think I got the number from the WON. # means substandard protection of less than 400m
 

redtape

New Member
Joined
6 Aug 2023
Messages
3
Location
Scotland
I'd be interested in this too. Many moons ago I was chasing the same thing and spoke to someone at NR who didn't have/want to send any paperwork but explained some of the symbols. I think I got the number from the WON. # means substandard protection of less than 400m
Yea thanks for this, I believe you are correct with the # symbol.

I wonder what the other stuff means.
 

Railsigns

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2010
Messages
2,754
For example I cannot find what the # symbol means when relating to possession limits

That one is explained in the WON itself:

Where detonator protection has to be placed at less than the required 400 metres beyond the possession protecting signal (or points or through crossings) at the start of the possession or protection has to be placed at less than the required 400 metres on the approach to the signal (or points or through crossings) beyond the possession, then this will be indicated by a # symbol following the signal or points number quoted in the PROTECTION LIMITS.
 

Boodiggy

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2012
Messages
642
Hi All,

Can anyone direct me where to find WON [Weekly Operating Notice] abbreviations or something that can aid me.

For example I cannot find what the # symbol means when relating to possession limits or I cannot find what [COST], [AP] or [AS] etc stands for in regards to worksites.

Can anyone send me in a direction to a document or standards that would explain the WON and how it is to be produced.
AP is a lead worksite and AS are works signing in to that worksite.
Primary (I think) and supplementary if I remember correctly.
Not sure about COST.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top