neonison
Member
Apologies if this has been covered before but can someone clarify the advice given in 7.2?
I want to travel from Wolverhampton to Marsden. National Rail give the preferred routing as "TRANSFER" between Piccadilly and Victoria. I'd rather not walk so how do I get a ticket which includes the Metrolink part? It is just too late to use the free shuttle bus.
Through ticketing is available from National Rail to Manchester Metrolink stations as an add-on to the fare to Manchester Stations. Where the National Rail station is within Greater Manchester, the destination will be a Metrolink zone (these are A-Q excluding I and O; a map of these zones is not publicly available). Where the National Rail station is outside of Greater Manchester, individual Metrolink station names are used. Tickets issued to Manchester CTLZ (for National Rail stations within Greater Manchester; no tickets to Manchester Stations are available) / to Metrolink City (for National Rail stations outside of Greater Manchester; normally this costs £1.40 more than a ticket to Manchester Stations and no Advance tickets are available) are valid for unlimited tram travel on the day of validity within the Manchester Metrolink city zone. Railcard discounts are not available to Metrolink destinations so Railcard holders are advised to consider separate National Rail and Metrolink tickets.
I want to travel from Wolverhampton to Marsden. National Rail give the preferred routing as "TRANSFER" between Piccadilly and Victoria. I'd rather not walk so how do I get a ticket which includes the Metrolink part? It is just too late to use the free shuttle bus.
Last edited by a moderator: