adrock1976
Established Member
Unsure if there is an existing thread or not.
Around 1990 when I was still residing in my native West Midlands, I remember both West Midlands Travel and Midland Red West introducing the Leyland Lynx single deckers - most likely a direct replacement for the Leyland National single deckers.
I seem to remember in regards to WMT, that the garages at Walsall, Dudley, Hockley, Lea Hall, and Yardley Wood had a fleet of Leyland Lynx buses. I believe that Wolverhampton (the previous site at Cleveland Road/Vicarage Road/Hospital Street area near Bilston Road) had a few Leyland Nationals, as did Hartshill and Acocks Green. When both Dudley and Hartshill garages closed in 1993, I remember most of the Lynxes mainly transferring to West Bromwich and Quinton garages.
At the end of the late 1990s and early noughties, the Lynxes seemed to vanished totally. Were they transferred to other parts of the UK, or were they scrapped early?
Around 1990 when I was still residing in my native West Midlands, I remember both West Midlands Travel and Midland Red West introducing the Leyland Lynx single deckers - most likely a direct replacement for the Leyland National single deckers.
I seem to remember in regards to WMT, that the garages at Walsall, Dudley, Hockley, Lea Hall, and Yardley Wood had a fleet of Leyland Lynx buses. I believe that Wolverhampton (the previous site at Cleveland Road/Vicarage Road/Hospital Street area near Bilston Road) had a few Leyland Nationals, as did Hartshill and Acocks Green. When both Dudley and Hartshill garages closed in 1993, I remember most of the Lynxes mainly transferring to West Bromwich and Quinton garages.
At the end of the late 1990s and early noughties, the Lynxes seemed to vanished totally. Were they transferred to other parts of the UK, or were they scrapped early?