• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMR - New Street to Worcester & Hereford

Status
Not open for further replies.

2T57

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2018
Messages
39
According to the West Midlands Railway travel updates page, as many as 25 services running between New Street, Worcester and Hereford today will have just two carriages instead of the usual four. It's going to be a bit cosy with the additional Christmas shoppers etc

I've noticed 172s back on this route recently. Is there an issue with the new 196 units?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter107

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2019
Messages
1,098
According to the West Midlands Railway travel updates page, as many as 25 services running between New Street, Worcester and Hereford today will have just two carriages instead of the usual four. It's going to be a bit cosy with the additional Christmas shoppers etc

I've noticed 170s and 172s back on this route recently. Is there an issue with the new 196 units?
You won't have seen 170s. Theyve been gone a while now.
 

warwickshire

On Moderation
Joined
6 Feb 2020
Messages
2,304
Location
leamingtonspa
According to the West Midlands Railway travel updates page, as many as 25 services running between New Street, Worcester and Hereford today will have just two carriages instead of the usual four. It's going to be a bit cosy with the additional Christmas shoppers etc

I've noticed 170s and 172s back on this route recently. Is there an issue with the new 196 units?
Yes I have as well, however as well, some 196s are going to Long Marston for works to be done on them also, contributing to this situation as well.
 

2T57

Member
Joined
9 Sep 2018
Messages
39
Thanks. I've edited the sentence. From the car-park I noticed the lack of gangway and thought it was a 170.
Would still like to know what's happened to the 4-car 196s on this route.
 

bleeder4

Member
Joined
19 Jan 2019
Messages
792
Location
Worcester
Thought something was up when I saw 1V21 crossing the bridge above Rainbow Hill this morning, on its way into Foregate St, and it was just two coaches. I often see that train on my drive in to work and I can't remember the last time it was just two coaches.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top