• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMR Delay Repay claim - no option for paper tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,986
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
I submitted two claims yesterday (day return tickets Hereford to Birmingham New Street, delays and disruption both ways). Today I've had two emails (one for each claim) bounce back asking for more information - I know we've discussed this before, as the information wasn't requested on the original claim forms.

However as well as ticket type, where I can select Return, they now want "ticket format", with a dropdown box that only offers mobile, oyster or contactless. I have paper tickets, collected from a ToD machine just prior to travel. I've tweeted them asking for help but heard nothing back yet, only that they will look into it.

Has anyone else overcome this situation? I'm hesitant to just select a random one of the three options offered but I'm currently stuck. Perhaps if I tweet them a photo of the tickets it might help, although I've already sent them those on the claims. They are suggesting I change my original selection from "bar code" to "no bar code" but I definitely chose the correct box originally.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2017
Messages
2,635
Location
Crewe
If I remember correctly, visit the station you purchased it from if it has a ticket office, or any that do, and you fill in a paper form.
 

185

On Moderation
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
5,709
Can only assume the uploaded picture hasn't been clear enough (or the ticket's print quality) for the system to read the barcode.

As it can't read it, I'd go for the other option, as suggested.

Just opened up the Delay Repay site, and selecting 'my ticket does not have a barcode' offers...

> i Paper/ ii Other Contactless / iii Oyster Card / iv Smartcard / v Collection Reference.
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,986
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Sorry, misunderstanding - the tickets don’t have a barcode, and that’s what I selected when filling in the form.

Still not heard back on X/Twitter. Wil probably have to ask for an email address and do it that way.

My local station where I bought them is a TfW station, doubt they would have WMR forms.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Can only assume the uploaded picture hasn't been clear enough (or the ticket's print quality) for the system to read the barcode.

As it can't read it, I'd go for the other option, as suggested.

Just opened up the Delay Repay site, and selecting 'my ticket does not have a barcode' offers...

> i Paper/ ii Other Contactless / iii Oyster Card / iv Smartcard / v Collection Reference.

Wonder why mine didn’t.

When I first put the ticket number in it said sorry we can’t find that ticket, did you buy it today? To which I replied yes, and it then said it will probably update overnight.
 

TheTallOne

Member
Joined
2 Jan 2024
Messages
265
Location
Birmingham
Sorry, misunderstanding - the tickets don’t have a barcode, and that’s what I selected when filling in the form.

Still not heard back on X/Twitter. Wil probably have to ask for an email address and do it that way.

My local station where I bought them is a TfW station, doubt they would have WMR forms.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==



Wonder why mine didn’t.

When I first put the ticket number in it said sorry we can’t find that ticket, did you buy it today? To which I replied yes, and it then said it will probably update overnight.
Not sure if they advertise their email address. But you can print and post.

"It's quicker and easier to claim online, but alternatively you can pick up a claim form at staffed stations, orWMR Delay Repay Claim Form PDF .

Post the completed form in an envelope to us at:

"Freepost WEST MIDLANDS RAIL DELAY REPAY"

Please note this is the full address, shortened for your ease."


 

MrJeeves

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Aug 2015
Messages
4,717
Location
Burgess Hill
When I first put the ticket number in it said sorry we can’t find that ticket, did you buy it today? To which I replied yes, and it then said it will probably update overnight.
I've never had a message other than that on all of those styles of delay repay websites. They're absolutely useless.

I would be contacting customer services and praying for a reply (I've not had great experiences with time until reply, personally!).
 

Starmill

Veteran Member
Joined
18 May 2012
Messages
27,328
Location
Bolton
My local station where I bought them is a TfW station, doubt they would have WMR forms.
They very well may do - they're usually in a box in the back of the ticket office if there's any there. No harm to ask nicely if they have them. A lot of ticket offices are still stocked with all manner of leaflets in boxes that few people ever actually ask for or want to read, but still get sent out. Some have pared this right back since the pandemic but I think paper delay repay forms are among the more likely to be hanging around because they don't change very often. In the past TOCs would get their leaflets delivered to all over the place in the area they serve, including their neighbour's ticket offices.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top