plannerman
Member
Hi all
My wife is travelling back to Chester from the tennis on Monday 3 July, and wants to leave as late as possible from Wimbledon. NR gives a 2020 departure from Wimbledon, changing at Clapham Junction and Watford Junction. She is concerned at the 5 minute change which NR gives at WFJ. I won't be with her and so she is a bit less confident than usual.
Does anyone know if a 5 minute connection at WFJ is realistic? What are the chances of the Clapham Junction - Watford Junction train running late? And as she will be on advances, what is plan B? It looks to me like her train from WFJ is the last direct of the night to Crewe (where I could happily come and pick her up)
My wife is travelling back to Chester from the tennis on Monday 3 July, and wants to leave as late as possible from Wimbledon. NR gives a 2020 departure from Wimbledon, changing at Clapham Junction and Watford Junction. She is concerned at the 5 minute change which NR gives at WFJ. I won't be with her and so she is a bit less confident than usual.
Does anyone know if a 5 minute connection at WFJ is realistic? What are the chances of the Clapham Junction - Watford Junction train running late? And as she will be on advances, what is plan B? It looks to me like her train from WFJ is the last direct of the night to Crewe (where I could happily come and pick her up)